• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Smoke from engine after long drive

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
After a long drive with around ~1400 miles on my GT Premium PP I smelled something like burning rubber. Not real strong, but definitely noticeable. I popped the hood and saw this smoke coming up from the left side of the engine. Anyone know what this is?
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Uh, shouldn’t be doing that. How’s the temp? Fluid levels? Still smoking or stopped? Snag a bag or something on the exhaust. Would be tempted to head directly to ford and not even stop at go on my way

OP
OP

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
Uh, shouldn’t be doing that. How’s the temp? Fluid levels? Still smoking or stopped? Snag a bag or something on the exhaust. Would be tempted to head directly to ford and not even stop at go on my way
All temps were normal. ~190* cylinder head and coolant temps. Fluid levels normal. No driving issues. Stopped smoking 5-10 minutes after shutdown. Ford is about 3hrs away.

MiamiGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you able to jack up and look under the car to see if you ran over a plastic bag and it is stuck to your cats or midpipe?

OP
OP

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
Are you able to jack up and look under the car to see if you ran over a plastic bag and it is stuck to your cats or midpipe?
Not until I get back home late this afternoon, but that’s my plan as soon as I get back. I noticed some burning smells right when I got the car, but I assumed it was just labels on the headers or something.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
I noticed you have an oil separator around that area, maybe one of those lines is close to the header?

I was just under my car this past weekend and noticed there was some scotch tape wrapped around the header, so that might be worth looking at if you cant just go to the dealership.

OP
OP

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
I decided to take it to another dealer nearby. They said it’s leaking oil, so Ford’s giving me a rental to get home. 😞 Not sure how my dealer hasn’t noticed the leak before if it’s been there a while. I guess it took a long drive to see enough smoke to notice the problem.

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
Well the good news is they're taking care of the issue and providing a rental instead of sending you out the door stating the standard Could Not Duplicate BS.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I decided to take it to another dealer nearby. They said it’s leaking oil, so Ford’s giving me a rental to get home. 😞 Not sure how my dealer hasn’t noticed the leak before if it’s been there a while. I guess it took a long drive to see enough smoke to notice the problem.
That totally blows. Please keep us informed on what was actually wrong/replaced/leaking so we can all be aware!

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
i dont know if it means anything, but sometimes Ford has faulty engine blocks. the dealer i work at had a guy with a 2023 Escape with the 2.0L and ~800 miles complain about an oil leak and the engine block had a crack in it; ended up trading that Escape back in for the vehicle he originally traded in for the Escape

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
They didn’t say where the oil leak was coming from?

OP
OP

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
It could also be nothing more than a leaking valve cover. Let's not panic just yet...
It sounded like it might be a leaky valve cover. Seems to be coming from that area.

OP
OP

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
They didn’t say where the oil leak was coming from?
The service manager just lifted it to take a look and found oil pooling under the car, in the underbody shields I think. They said they won’t be able to actually take anything apart until next week to confirm what’s leaking. Then it may be a long wait for parts

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
The service manager just lifted it to take a look and found oil pooling under the car, in the underbody shields I think. They said they won’t be able to actually take anything apart until next week to confirm what’s leaking. Then it may be a long wait for parts

Here’s to hoping they find it to be something simple and or inadvertent maybe even user error but to nothing serious and thanks for the notice. đŸ»
Sponsored