• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Should I order the brembro brake package on my '24 GT?

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Grand Cherokee SRT
Curious to get some opinions. I'm in the process or ordering a black GT Premium convertible. My original plan was to just add the 401A package and Active Exhaust. I see now that you can order the 19" Brembro Brake System with Performance Linings as a stand alone option for $1,695

I do not want the performance package for a few different reasons. Not looking to get the nite pony package either. Can I get some opinions on if this is worth adding for $1,695 on its own? I have them on my Grand Cherokee SRT but I'm not a hard driver by any stretch and I don't really "need" performance brakes. Yes they do look good, I will admit that.

Would love to get some feedback from Mustang owners as this will be my first. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
Yes. This is the way.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
its very much something you should research more if you can. Personally while i dont have an S550, i do have aftermarket 6 piston brakes from Baer brakes on my S197. These things have great stopping power and have definitely saved me from idiotic drivers on the road more than once. the difference in braking distance for daily use alone was enough to make the Brembos an easy yes for me. Another thing is the difference in appearance, you dont really notice it until you get some nice calipers and larger rotors but brakes can really change the look of a car as well.
S650 Mustang Should I order the brembro brake package on my '24 GT? 1680119230391

OP
OP
samson

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Grand Cherokee SRT
its very much something you should research more if you can. Personally while i dont have an S550, i do have aftermarket 6 piston brakes from Baer brakes on my S197. These things have great stopping power and have definitely saved me from idiotic drivers on the road more than once. the difference in braking distance for daily use alone was enough to make the Brembos an easy yes for me. Another thing is the difference in appearance, you dont really notice it until you get some nice calipers and larger rotors but brakes can really change the look of a car as well.
1680119230391.png
Thank you for the feedback. I know they look good, but I'm glad to hear you have really noticed a difference in stopping distance. On my GC they do very well, but that is a big heavy vehicle. I wasn't sure how much difference they would make on this type of vehicle. $1,700 is not cheap but sounds like it might be worth it.

papaD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Power Wagon 2016 Challenger 392 shaker
have them on the wife's Challenger 392. Her last 2015 Challenger RT had regular brakes.

She noticed the difference on how easy it is to stop compared the the other car (and she is a light-weight!)

even in a panic situation, you never have to press hard.

it was a no-brainer for me...

yes, cool wife, even if she likes Dodge better LOL

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I think there were a few discussions about this on mustang6g and the only reason reason to get the 6 piston brembos was for brake fade and repeated use, stopping power I think the 4 piston and 6 piston were about the same.

Reactions: JAL

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I think there were a few discussions about this on mustang6g and the only reason reason to get the 6 piston brembos was for brake fade and repeated use, stopping power I think the 4 piston and 6 piston were about the same.
they do have the same effect numbers wise, due to the rotors only being able to absorb so much friction before the resistance overpowers the rotational energy of the wheel and locks them up, however from personal experience, larger brakes allow me more control over how much friction is applied to the rotor, makes it a lot easier to prevent locking the brakes due to the larger surface area.

but numbers wise the stopping power is ultimately limited by your 4 points of contact to the ground.

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Honda Civic EX; 14' Honda VFR800 DLX
If you aren't going to the track, you don't need them at all for street use. Beyond that, wear items (pads/rotors, etc) will cost more on the Brembos. Not to mention if you want aftermarket wheels down the road, you have to take extra care for clearance.

They sure look awesome, though!

My 0.02 = Want vs need.

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
Curious to get some opinions. I'm in the process or ordering a black GT Premium convertible. My original plan was to just add the 401A package and Active Exhaust. I see now that you can order the 19" Brembro Brake System with Performance Linings as a stand alone option for $1,695

I do not want the performance package for a few different reasons. Not looking to get the nite pony package either. Can I get some opinions on if this is worth adding for $1,695 on its own? I have them on my Grand Cherokee SRT but I'm not a hard driver by any stretch and I don't really "need" performance brakes. Yes they do look good, I will admit that.

Would love to get some feedback from Mustang owners as this will be my first. Thanks in advance!
I grabbed both the red Brembos and the upgraded exhaust for aesthetics. I don’t need the PP, because I’m not racing or tracking my car. I’d rather build something dedicated to that, something that doesn’t have a 46k retail price tag. I’ll miss yanking on a handbrake whenever I park, but I don’t wanna pay $5k for that luxury, especially if I’m not using any other functionality it offers

Go on and buy the brakes. (I’d also grab the upgraded exhaust for the quad tailpipes) It won’t hinder your driving experience in any way, and will make your car just that little bit more sexy.

OP
OP
samson

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Grand Cherokee SRT
Thanks again guys for the replies. What I'm hearing is that for my personal use (daily driver) the bigger benefits are the appearance. Basically they just look good. As far as performance benefits, it's debatable on a car that won't be raced or track driven.

OP
OP
samson

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Grand Cherokee SRT
I grabbed both the red Brembos and the upgraded exhaust for aesthetics. I don’t need the PP, because I’m not racing or tracking my car. I’d rather build something dedicated to that, something that doesn’t have a 46k retail price tag. I’ll miss yanking on a handbrake whenever I park, but I don’t wanna pay $5k for that luxury, especially if I’m not using any other functionality it offers

Go on and buy the brakes. (I’d also grab the upgraded exhaust for the quad tailpipes) It won’t hinder your driving experience in any way, and will make your car just that little bit more sexy.
Oh I'm 100% getting the active valve exhaust package. It looks great, but the functionality is even better.
Sponsored