• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Shipping the car

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
I had ordered a GT and waited 3 months. BUT it arrived at the dealer damaged. I refused delivery. Search the web and found another one on the lot at a dealer 650 miles away.
I considered renting a car and driving up. Buy it and drive it home. But the weather this week is not looking good and it would also be hard to company in properly.

Has anyone recommendations for a shipping companies and/or any negative experiences with a transport company?

Thanks
Sponsored

P2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Vapor Blue Mustang GT Premium 401A 6 Speed
Honestly.... save yourself a few bucks and go get it and drive it back yourself. There is no guarantee that your vehicle won't sustain any damage from being shipped. Do it yourself and that way you get to control the whole "delivery" process and plus you'll enjoy the ride home in your new Mustang.

OP
OP
Gr8ful

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
P2, are probably right. But I must wait for the bad weather to pass. It might be hail and tornadoes alone the route. For the money I save I could stay many nights in nice hotels

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I would fly in and drive home. If you've got to wait a few extra days (or even a week or more), I'd do it. I'd hate to "hire" a shipping company only to have them farm it out to some yahoo hot shotter who jacks up your car. When my boat was totaled last fall, the insurance company told me they would arrange for pickup. The company they contracted it out to actually farmed it out to a second company, and that second company farmed it out to a third company. The clowns that showed up looked like Cletus T. Judd with a raggedy truck, and they had to rent a trailer to pull it on because (a) they didn't own a pontoon trailer and (b) only the boat was totaled, not the trailer -- it was capsized by 100 mph winds while in the water.

Reactions: Zig

UNSAFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Vert, '06 Ford Ranger FX4 Supercab
I would fly in and drive home. If you've got to wait a few extra days (or even a week or more), I'd do it. I'd hate to "hire" a shipping company only to have them farm it out to some yahoo hot shotter who jacks up your car. When my boat was totaled last fall, the insurance company told me they would arrange for pickup. The company they contracted it out to actually farmed it out to a second company, and that second company farmed it out to a third company. The clowns that showed up looked like Cletus T. Judd with a raggedy truck, and they had to rent a trailer to pull it on because (a) they didn't own a pontoon trailer and (b) only the boat was totaled, not the trailer -- it was capsized by 100 mph winds while in the water.
That stinks! Hope your insurance company made you whole.

OP
OP
Gr8ful

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow that's amazing.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
That stinks! Hope your insurance company made you whole.
Yes, it was an agreed value policy, so it paid out in full without any depreciation. The only bummer is, we bought it ~3 years ago when interest rates were super low. I told the wife we'd probably wait until rates come back down to replace it.

OP
OP
Gr8ful

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's coming in at $650 for open and $1150 enclosed. Ohio to SC.
Still debating though.

UNSAFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Vert, '06 Ford Ranger FX4 Supercab
Yes, it was an agreed value policy, so it paid out in full without any depreciation. The only bummer is, we bought it ~3 years ago when interest rates were super low. I told the wife we'd probably wait until rates come back down to replace it.
Good to hear that it worked out with the insurance company. Hopefully the rates will start adjusting down soon. Seems like the so called experts are signaling that this year but who knows when. So many variables at play.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
It's coming in at $650 for open and $1150 enclosed. Ohio to SC.
Still debating though.
No way I would let them ship it for only 650 miles. Do what you have to do to lock it in, then go get it when the weather improves. Find a nice, scenic, twisty route home and your break-in will be complete when you get home.

OP
OP
Gr8ful

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for all the imput.

The Batfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Atlas Blue EcoBoost Batstang,06 Ford Ranger
DONT DO IT I am still going thru my issues with my car transport... I hired Nexus auto transport thinking I was having it delivered by a large company.. Nope they hired out to some BS guy with a car trailer... 4k+ damage to my car that had 2 miles on it at the dealership... I have been fighting with the BS Hauler and Nexus and the haulers Insurance since Feb5 day after I got my car delivered... the Insurance these places CLAIM to have covers diddly squat I will prob have to hire a lawyer and sue someone to get my car fixed being all I have gotten is total BS.. IF you are going to have it delivered USE THE DEALERSHIPS delivery people they use get it all in writing about who is liable for damage etc I have a whole long story posted in the non car related thread ... I am still fighting with the JackA$$ insurance company about who is to BLAME and if his insurance he has actually covers the car.. How can you say you are insured to move a car then when something happens its NOT covered.... if I had to do it all over again.. I would despite the fact I saved 9k cheaper than my local dealer I would just pay the 9k more being I now have a car that will need half of it repainted a replacement hood and etc from a car that I bought with 2 miles on it..

OP
OP
Gr8ful

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow. I thank you for the advise. I am leaning toward driving the 650 miles home with the car. It would 1300 total but I can stop at hotels on both legs. I want do proper heat cycling of the engine, maybe drive an hour and stop for .5 hours a few times. And changing RPM regularly.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Last edited: