• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Scheduling

OP
OP
Mr Lahey

Mr Lahey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Roadmaster
Nice spec!
That is a pretty recent order, it would have been very unusual to get scheduled this week. Seems like 30 days is the minimum I've seen on non constrained orders. If your dealer did have an allocation for you, it should schedule pretty quick. Of course if the strike hits Flat Rock plant, then that changes everything.

Either way this MY24 order is a test of patience and will take a little longer than normal. I knew that going in, I have NP and refused to remove it, so it took me a lot longer to get scheduled.
It might be possible that I'm misunderstanding how allocations work under Ford's system. Im coming from an understanding of GMs system, where allocations are handed out to dealerships each week. If the dealer gets an allocation for your build, then the dealer submits it to the factory.

I'm not sure what happens under Fords system if I go to the dealer to make an order, and they have no allocations.
Sponsored

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
It might be possible that I'm misunderstanding how allocations work under Ford's system. Im coming from an understanding of GMs system, where allocations are handed out to dealerships each week. If the dealer gets an allocation for your build, then the dealer submits it to the factory.

I'm not sure what happens under Fords system if I go to the dealer to make an order, and they have no allocations.
My understanding is Ford dealerships can place orders without an allocation. Dealers receive allocations, not sure weekly or monthly or how many. Ford will schedule placed orders, allocated, from dealers probably based on logistics.

I think it comes down to the integrity of the dealership. My dealer will not take an order unless they have an allocation. I could see how some dealers will take orders without an allocation, maybe even take a deposit, to trap someone in. Some people on here have run into that exact situation.

OP
OP
Mr Lahey

Mr Lahey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Roadmaster
My understanding is Ford dealerships can place orders without an allocation. Dealers receive allocations, not sure weekly or monthly or how many. Ford will schedule placed orders, allocated, from dealers probably based on logistics.

I think it comes down to the integrity of the dealership. My dealer will not take an order unless they have an allocation. I could see how some dealers will take orders without an allocation, maybe even take a deposit, to trap someone in. Some people on here have run into that exact situation.
Fortunately, no deposit was required from me, so that's one less thing to worry about.

JohnO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES F Sport, 85 Mustang GT modified
Ordered 8/22, received email that it's scheduled to build 1/22 so exactly 5 months. Grabber blue GT Premium AT, 355, black seats, 401, PP, active exhaust, loaded.

OP
OP
Mr Lahey

Mr Lahey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Roadmaster
Ordered 8/22, received email that it's scheduled to build 1/22 so exactly 5 months. Grabber blue GT Premium AT, 355, black seats, 401, PP, active exhaust, loaded.
Did you get the email yesterday, or today? Trying to figure out if they show up just on Thursdays or could be any day of the week.

Maria Sarli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Solara Convertible, Subaru Outback, Ford Ex
Ordered early August but didn’t get confirmation until 8/24. Got notified on Thursday that my build was the week of 12/11 but later when I clicked on the tracker link it says week of 12/4. Ecoboost Premiim Convertible Vapor Blue no performance pack. Only option was Ford 360
Sponsored