• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

No production scheduling update this week?

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
It still rings true, to some degree. It will rarely benefit a customer to advertise, from the start, that they intend to pay cash. The bank obviously makes money from financing, and the dealer makes money from the bank making money.
There's alao the fact tthat you're paying for somerhing that depreciates significantly once you drive it off the lot.
Sponsored

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium (ordered)
There's alao the fact tthat you're paying for somerhing that depreciates significantly once you drive it off the lot.
Yeah, but you can minimize that or eliminate it completely with the right deal & vehicle. I certainly wouldn't pay full sticker on any of the new Mustangs, other than maybe the DH.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, but you can minimize that or eliminate it completely with the right deal & vehicle. I certainly wouldn't pay full sticker on any of the new Mustangs, other than maybe the DH.
With a FMV used car, a cash purchase might make more sense.

But definitely not a brand new car, IMO.

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I wouldn't want to purchase any used vehicle currently at FMV. Even at FMV most are still way overvalued IMO. It is uncharted waters as to what the used market will or will not do. It also changes the game a bit when we are looking at a newly released model (as we have with the MY24 Mustang) versus one that has a large inventory of used units in the market.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't want to purchase any used vehicle currently at FMV. Even at FMV most are still way overvalued IMO. It is uncharted waters as to what the used market will or will not do. It also changes the game a bit when we are looking at a newly released model (as we have with the MY24 Mustang) versus one that has a large inventory of used units in the market.
True.

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord

I donā€™t see the difference. If you finance at 7% youā€™re paying a lot more for the car than you have to. I guess you could try to flip cars by not keeping them long, but I donā€™t see that going well in a normal economy šŸ˜‚. Iā€™ve always lived by the principal that if I canā€™t pay cash, I canā€™t afford it. Not having house or car payments makes life pretty stress free.
S650 Mustang No production scheduling update this week? IMG_7851

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I donā€™t see the difference. If you finance at 7% youā€™re paying a lot more for the car than you have to. I guess you could try to flip cars by not keeping them long, but I donā€™t see that going well in a normal economy šŸ˜‚. Iā€™ve always lived by the principal that if I canā€™t pay cash, I canā€™t afford it. Not having house or car payments makes life pretty stress free.
IMG_7851.png
Besides being able to flip it or trade it in, the thing with financing is that it does help your credit score as well.

That said, you also have a point. It's just a sucky time to buy a car in general.

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IMG_7851.png
It isn't a bad principle to have, but some people fall into the trap of thinking that paying off their debt is always the best move. That isn't always the case.

I'll use myself as an example. I had refinanced the mortgage when the market was rock bottom, so near a 2% rate. I can make over double that, after taxes, on a no-brainer guaranteed return. A HYSA would be the easiest/safest way. So my cash is much more valuable than paying off debt at the measly 2%. The interest gained on a HYSA covers the interest being paid on the mortgage, the taxes on the interest gained, and you still have money to pocket. Win-win-win.

This is just one easy example, but there are many. I don't feel like typing on here all day. :crazy:

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It isn't a bad principle to have, but some people fall into the trap of thinking that paying off their debt is always the best move. That isn't always the case.

I'll use myself as an example. I had refinanced the mortgage when the market was rock bottom, so near a 2% rate. I can make over double that, after taxes, on a no-brainer guaranteed return. A HYSA would be the easiest/safest way. So my cash is much more valuable than paying off debt at the measly 2%. The interest gained on a HYSA covers the interest being paid on the mortgage, the taxes on the interest gained, and you still have money to pocket. Win-win-win.

This is just one easy example, but there are many. I don't feel like typing on here all day. :crazy:
Another good point.

The money you're not sinking into an expensive but depreciating asset all at once can be invested in other ways to generate income for yourself.

While off-topic, this is a good discussion. It has me thinking for sure, lol.
Sponsored