• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

fpvfan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 mustang GT
I am no longer in touch with anyone in the industry or media... BUT...

The S650 was developed along side the S550. To be honest, the S650 is simply all the lightweighting and improvements the S550ā€™s target price couldnā€™t support pre-2015.

The future of the Mustang will likely be based on 3 separate wheelbases. The GT350 (yes itā€™s coming back) and GT500 will likely be a shortened 105ā€ wheelbase to support a REAL 2-seat design.

the base Mustang, EB, GT and Special Editions will remain on the 107ā€ wheelbase.

The last option will support Electic and Gas 4-door and 5-door Crossover options on a 110-112ā€ wheelbase.

The GT350 has a 3 year grace period for production Motorsport. I expect the GT350 to release with the S650 for 2022-ā€˜23.

There is a big OHV V8 headed for the Mustang in 2022. It could be headed the Mustang XL or the 111 inch model, perhaps a HiPo version of the XL?

Thatā€™s all I have.
This could work

fpvfan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 mustang GT
While I am truly looking forward to alot of changes with this next mustang, especially the options of a 4-door variant, I would love to see the Mustang move to using the Ecoboost powertrains alot more. Both the Ecoboost 3.0L and Ecoboost 3.5L are powerhouse engines and with their smaller size and reduced weight compared to the 5.0L V8 and 5.2L V8, The Mustang could have several other variants outside of the generic V8 GT, Mach 1 and Cobra options and could really add to this new chapter of the Mustang, bringing trim levels such as the ST and RS into the Mustang fold. The 3.5L could definitely fill several niches as it's power level can come in anywhere from an estimated 480hp/542lb-ft torque as what is rumored to be the specs of the latest F150 Raptor to the current Ford GT MKII specs of 660hp/550tq. In hybrid form, the 3.0L Ecoboost pushes as much as 494hp and 630lb-ft of torque, while in standard form, it produces 400hp/415tq. The thought of a 3.0L ST, a 480hp 3.5L RS a 3.0L Hybrid GS and a 660hp 3.5L SHO (okay if Dodge can combine the Dodge Challenger and the Dodge Demon together, which were two separate cars, Ford can have a Mustang SHO). Not saying that the V8 cars wouldn't still be around in GT 5.0, Mach 1 5.2, Supercharged Boss 302 5.0L & Supercharged 5.2L Cobra variants But it would be nice to see Ford really start to incorporate the Ecoboost engines with the Mustang.

Looking at the posts above, there are definitely other things that I would love to see that are already mentioned such as a true gasoline performance crossover, and the double wishbone front suspension along with all wheel drive and things like that. It would also be awesome to have different wheelbase length mustangs, one for a 2-seater sports car, the regular 2-door coupe and something that would accommodate a 4-door gran-coupe and crossover-coupes. this also leaves room for the Electric Mustang to have performance ranges starting at the 480hp GT to a 1400hp electric Mach E Cobra Jet street vehicle in an electric coupe, electric sedan and Electric crossover form.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
While I am truly looking forward to alot of changes with this next mustang, especially the options of a 4-door variant, I would love to see the Mustang move to using the Ecoboost powertrains alot more. Both the Ecoboost 3.0L and Ecoboost 3.5L are powerhouse engines and with their smaller size and reduced weight compared to the 5.0L V8 and 5.2L V8, The Mustang could have several other variants outside of the generic V8 GT, Mach 1 and Cobra options and could really add to this new chapter of the Mustang, bringing trim levels such as the ST and RS into the Mustang fold. The 3.5L could definitely fill several niches as it's power level can come in anywhere from an estimated 480hp/542lb-ft torque as what is rumored to be the specs of the latest F150 Raptor to the current Ford GT MKII specs of 660hp/550tq. In hybrid form, the 3.0L Ecoboost pushes as much as 494hp and 630lb-ft of torque, while in standard form, it produces 400hp/415tq. The thought of a 3.0L ST, a 480hp 3.5L RS a 3.0L Hybrid GS and a 660hp 3.5L SHO (okay if Dodge can combine the Dodge Challenger and the Dodge Demon together, which were two separate cars, Ford can have a Mustang SHO). Not saying that the V8 cars wouldn't still be around in GT 5.0, Mach 1 5.2, Supercharged Boss 302 5.0L & Supercharged 5.2L Cobra variants But it would be nice to see Ford really start to incorporate the Ecoboost engines with the Mustang.

Looking at the posts above, there are definitely other things that I would love to see that are already mentioned such as a true gasoline performance crossover, and the double wishbone front suspension along with all wheel drive and things like that. It would also be awesome to have different wheelbase length mustangs, one for a 2-seater sports car, the regular 2-door coupe and something that would accommodate a 4-door gran-coupe and crossover-coupes. this also leaves room for the Electric Mustang to have performance ranges starting at the 480hp GT to a 1400hp electric Mach E Cobra Jet street vehicle in an electric coupe, electric sedan and Electric crossover form.
Why do you dig out a thread that was dead for six months for no good reason?! Just to point out that you get excited when Ford continous to dilute the Mustang name?

It's probates not just me but I get super excited whenever I hear S650 rumors or see that there might be some news. However, reading your statement is just disappointingā€¦ Not only did I get excited for no good reason I also dislike your proposal that should have been posted in the ā€žwhat do you wish for the S650" thread. As a European ā€žS" and ā€žRS" are closely resembled with the Ford Focus and to me a Mustang is just something above a patheticly looking compact car with a four cylinder engine that wants to best itself with a VW GTI/Rā€¦

I hope this does not sound too harsh - it's certainly not meant that way.

Anyhow, it looks looks like a lot of the things @thePill said in this thread more than six months ago would come true as numerous rumors hint in the same direction. Lightweight would be one of the most welcomed rumors I suppose ;)

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
Why do you dig out a thread that was dead for six months for no good reason?! Just to point out that you get excited when Ford continous to dilute the Mustang name?

It's probates not just me but I get super excited whenever I hear S650 rumors or see that there might be some news. However, reading your statement is just disappointingā€¦ Not only did I get excited for no good reason I also dislike your proposal that should have been posted in the ā€žwhat do you wish for the S650" thread. As a European ā€žS" and ā€žRS" are closely resembled with the Ford Focus and to me a Mustang is just something above a patheticly looking compact car with a four cylinder engine that wants to best itself with a VW GTI/Rā€¦

I hope this does not sound too harsh - it's certainly not meant that way.

Anyhow, it looks looks like a lot of the things @thePill said in this thread more than six months ago would come true as numerous rumors hint in the same direction. Lightweight would be one of the most welcomed rumors I suppose ;)
I share your disappointment in random posts bumping up dead threads, but I would be very careful who one trusts. S650 losing weight is not a guarantee and a lot of things proposed by thePill (especially S550), have not been accurate and are somewhat wishful thinking or more emotional than logical.

I say that in having been thrown by certain posts of his from years back for S550. (ie Ford finishes final designs 4-5 years before release-:facepalm:). I donā€™t pretend to know everything, but I do watch what I post, in order not to mislead or confuse people.

A lot of nonsensical hearsay was said back in the days of discussing the S550 back in 2012-13, something which I thankfully avoided messing up with baseless speculation turning out to be wrong.

Many were so adamant it would be shorter than S197 and weigh 100s less. It never happened. Folks keep claiming S650 will ride on CD6 or whatever rumor of the week. Yet the opposite has been stated, with some CD6 techniques.

In most cases, Twin Turbo is really the one and a few others, doing it all justice on S650 front.
Sponsored