• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Replacement Battery for Dark Horse

Mr Rots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
The battery in my Dark Horse has issues. It won't hold a charge. The dealer says the battery is fine, but I can watch it go from fully charged, in the morning, to around 50% charge, by the evening. So, I am looking for a replacement. Every site I go to, though, says no battery will fit the Dark Horse, even the one group 48, 760 CCA Ever Start that I found (not that I'm specifically looking for Ever Start, it's just the only one, other than Motorcraft, that I've found that's the same as what is in my car). Any suggestions for a replacement battery?
Sponsored

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10
Being the DH is new, rather than none of the batteries fit, perhaps they have not yet verified what will?

OP
OP
Mr Rots

Mr Rots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Being the DH is new, it may not be that none of the batteries won't fit, but perhaps rather they have not yet verified what will?
That's what I have to assume. I did just find An Odyssey group 48 with 760 CCA, so that may be what I need.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
your dealer should have a battery machine that prints out a ticket/receipt after the test. if they didn't provide that, i recommend going back and having them test it with that machine. they must have one because that's how warranty batteries are approved; there's a code on the print-out that Ford requires. your battery is probably under warranty (3 years, 36k miles). if you dont want to deal with the dealer anymore, you want to look for a battery with the H6(48) group size

OP
OP
Mr Rots

Mr Rots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
your dealer should have a battery machine that prints out a ticket/receipt after the test. if they didn't provide that, i recommend going back and having them test it with that machine. they must have one because that's how warranty batteries are approved; there's a code on the print-out that Ford requires. your battery is probably under warranty (3 years, 36k miles). if you dont want to deal with the dealer anymore, you want to look for a battery with the H6(48) group size
The only thing I got from the dealer is the service "report" that shows all the things they did and what they found: nothing and nothing. They just say the battery was tested and passed.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
Any H6 AGM battery will work. I have an OPTIMA coming for mine. Full disclosure, I retired from Fords battery supplier and they also own OPTIMA.

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10
Any H6 AGM battery will work. I have an OPTIMA coming for mine. Full disclosure, I retired from Fords battery supplier and they also own OPTIMA.
Those are the best. I got tired of replacing AGM batteries after 3 years, switched to the redcaps - when possible - and never had to replace one. That's what I'll install in the Rucio Moro when the factory battery dies.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
Those are the best. I got tired of replacing AGM batteries after 3 years, switched to the redcaps - when possible - and never had to replace one. That's what I'll install in the Rucio Moro when the factory battery dies.
FYI, it only comes in Yellow Top for the newer applications. Yellow Top is actually better in newer vehicles because they have more reserve capacity

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Make sure everything is powering down when you turn the car off. We have had issues with the screen remaining active when the car was shut down. If you can park your car indoors or in the shade, after it's parked for a while, see if something feels warm. A more advance test would be to remove a battery cable and check for current flow. If you don't have the knowledge for this, ask the dealer about this.
Yes, the batteries do have issues and most of the time it is the battery but there are other possible causes.
Sponsored