• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Regarding the 2024 Mustang GT Engine Block Heater

Radiant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ecoboost Convertible (ordered), '18 Ecoboost
I was just looking for option to keep it warm on the extreme days, we had 3 days this past winter were it -30 with a windchill of -47.
-40, when it's so cold you can respond to "Fahrenheit or Celsius?" with a simple "Yes".

For factory orders, you're at the mercy of the mass market. It's not hard to install an engine-block heater on the Coyote. Pull the freeze plug, install the heater and route the wires. I wouldn't let that stop you from buying the car, as it's a bog-standard part every Ford mechanic knows how to install from servicing trucks.
Sponsored

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
first of all, I selected the 401A and performance package, but I noticed that once you choose the performance package, you will not be able to choose the Engine Block Heater. I don't know why, so I asked Ford's staff, and they said they can install this Engine Block Heater for me. However, it was not at the beginning, but after this car arrived at the dealership, I expressed concern about this. First of all, I want to know why the Engine Block Heater cannot be installed under the premise of selecting the performance package, and whether installing it at the dealership will cause damage to the original structure. What I am also worried about is where the interface of the Engine Block Heater will be, and how should I plug in the power when I need it? (Lift up my hood?) If anyone can answer my question, I would greatly appreciate it!
Instead of going to the expense of a block heater I would use.
a trouble light with a 100 watt bulb and place it under the oil pan. Here in Trenton Ontario it’s not uncommon winter temps can dip -20 F. Always worked with me and others I know.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I've been meaning to add a comment of tires, freezing temperatures and storage.

If Summer tires are being kept on the car, and the car will be stored in temperatures where a block heater is used, anyone doing so would want to study the topic of protecting the tires before those temperatures approach.

In-general, once temperatures reach a given point, it's best not to disturb the tire. It's preferred the tires are removed and stored somewhere above freezing.

Once warmer temperatures return, with heat high enough to allow for traction and driving, the tire should be left at that higher, stable temperature for 24 hours before use, so as ensure materials are at a safe temperature throughout.

Last edited:

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I've been meaning to add a comment of tires, freezing temperatures and storage.

If Summer tires are being kept on the car, and the car will be stored in temperatures where a block heater is used, anyone doing so would want to study the topic of protecting the tires before those temperatures approach.

In-general, once temperatures reach a given point, it's best not to disturb the tire. It's preferred the tires are removed and stored somewhere above freezing.

Once warmer temperatures return, with heat high enough to allow for traction and driving, the tire should be left at that higher, stable temperature for 24 hours before use, so as ensure materials are at a safe temperature throughout.
Like plug in the heater 😇 - but agreed good point. Unless you’re storing outdoors in the elements a thermostatically modulated space heater in the garage may be more beneficial.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
a trouble light with a 100 watt bulb
That's a great idea and I can see that working.

I just checked eBay. Incandescents can still be had. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Last edited: