• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rear Passenger Rattle

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Why are most of these vehicles people are receiving having all kinds of problems? I thought they were taking time doing quality checks? I kind of feel like I dodged bullet with this one by cancelling my order.
Hardly anyone ever calls tech support to say thanks, everything is running great …
Sponsored

OP
OP

jexsk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
I think what they’re trying to say is more people tend to speak up when there’s an issue. I think it’s too early to tell if these are systemic problems.

I’ve definitely had my share of issues with this car, from the bad battery, to this rattle, weird infotainment bugs etc. All that being said I’m still very happy with the car, puts a smile on my face every time I get in it. I was expecting year one issues and willing to roll the dice to get back in a Mustang since I skipped the S550 entirely. Other than the battery the rattle is fairly minor besides being annoyed I spent this much money and I’m troubleshooting it.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
I think what they’re trying to say is more people tend to speak up when there’s an issue. I think it’s too early to tell if these are systemic problems.

I’ve definitely had my share of issues with this car, from the bad battery, to this rattle, weird infotainment bugs etc. All that being said I’m still very happy with the car, puts a smile on my face every time I get in it. I was expecting year one issues and willing to roll the dice to get back in a Mustang since I skipped the S550 entirely. Other than the battery the rattle is fairly minor besides being annoyed I spent this much money and I’m troubleshooting it.
Agreed. I love the car. Willing to work things out. Just appreciate the help here. I'd buy it again today, knowing what I know, if I had to do it over again.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Agreed. I love the car. Willing to work things out. Just appreciate the help here. I'd buy it again today, knowing what I know, if I had to do it over again.
My 03 GT Vert has had a buzz in the dash since I bought it with 18k miles. I've literally taken the entire dash apart, had it laying in my lap while I drove the car and still can't find the buzz. Already performed the Google suggestions.. So I live with it.. Turn up the stereo or step on the gas!!

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
I've got the same thing. It was very noticeable on the driver's side rear area and then migrated over the the passenger side rear and occasionally both; in all cases the noises are triggered by bumps or road imperfections. I tried latching the rear seat belts, but to no avail.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've got the same thing. It was very noticeable on the driver's side rear area and then migrated over the the passenger side rear and occasionally both; in all cases the noises are triggered by bumps or road imperfections. I tried latching the rear seat belts, but to no avail.
Yep. Strange!

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
You know, internet rules say no video didn’t happen…. J/k.

although a quick snippet might be helpful.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Anyone else experiencing a rattling noise from the rear passenger area? It’s only if I hit a bump only on that side, if the entire car or the driver side hits a bump I don’t hear it. It kind of sounds like hard plastic on metal, not quite metal on metal but I could be wrong.

I initially thought it may be coming from that C pillar but after taking it a part and adding some insulation and electrical tape I’m not so sure now. Not really seeing many reports of others having this problem so figured I’d reach out before I start tearing the trunk apart next.
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  

OP
OP

jexsk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  
Thanks for reaching out, I’ve sent a private message with the info

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
Any updates jexsk?

OP
OP

jexsk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Unfortunately not really. Pointed it out to my wife today and she thinks it’s coming from the trunk. Next step for me may be to ride around with someone in the back seat to see if they can pinpoint it.

Ford recommends taking it in to service but I don’t want to be without my car for a week or more while the dealership looks at it.

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
How does that reply pertain to what I asked?
That'a Zig. 80% of the time he sounds like he's drunk and just quoting random people and comment with some random words that has nothing to do with what others say.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately not really. Pointed it out to my wife today and she thinks it’s coming from the trunk. Next step for me may be to ride around with someone in the back seat to see if they can pinpoint it.

Ford recommends taking it in to service but I don’t want to be without my car for a week or more while the dealership looks at it.
I'm looking forward to any answers as well, but also don't want to drop it off for a week... Same symptoms.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That'a Zig. 80% of the time he sounds like he's drunk and just quoting random people and comment with some random words that has nothing to do with what others say.
This coming from a troll who clearly doesn't understand English very well is priceless. @Zig is a helpful member of the forum.

His point was already explained, and I thought we'd moved on, but since the troll didn't get it: Zig was stating that most people don't speak up with praises for things that work. Most people with an issue will say something sooner or later. It tends to skew perspective.
Sponsored