• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rear end chrip

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I never found out what it was. Ford never got back to me. I hear it once in a while if I apply gas in reverse but I stopped worrying about it. Until some part fails then I’ll worry. If you figure out what it is or get it fixed please let me know
Yea it's a shame. The local dealer is saying it would take 1-2 months just for them to diagnose the issue if I left my car there!
Sponsored

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Mine went away once I added a Steeda stop the hop IRS brace …and floored a couple of times entering the highway ..no more click
Was that just the subframe braces or the full stop the hop kit with the metal bushings?

justinmiles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt, 2017 mustang v6, 2008 mustang gt
My base 2024 gt does the same thing sounds like u joint popping to me. Sometimes it does it. Its Not affecting the driveability of the car so I’m gonna wait a little while before I get it checked out.

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
My base 2024 gt does the same thing sounds like u joint popping to me. Sometimes it does it. Its Not affecting the driveability of the car so I’m gonna wait a little while before I get it checked out.
I've heard it in mine a few times and I think it's a joint popping too possibly just the natural slop from the subframe. I am going to try to do some Steeda Subframe Alignment Spacers over the winter to see if this takes care of the NVH.

Link: Steeda 555 4438 Mustang IRS Subframe Alignment Kit (15-24)

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Sound started at around 500 miles. Sound occurs when taking off from a stop or in reverse. Read past forums people said could be hub bearing or thrust washer. Ford said “waiting to hear from ford techs” been a week still no update

Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and current mileage. Allow me to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I had suspension chirp on the older Mustang. Started around 20K miles. It would happen when the car was warm, and happened when shifting, due to rocking when not switching gears smoothly enough (never completely possible). I diagnosed what it was by taking WD-40 and spraying one thing at a time, to eliminate where it was coming from --it was lower control arm bushing. I did eliminate it, went to a repair shop and demanded they replace the part--they replaced it with a Ford part for pretty cheap (not just the bushing). It was silent for about 35k miles.

No repair shop, especially Ford was able to diagnose it. They just said "Mustang is a noisy car, it squeaks". So if you take it to Ford and they can't find anything wrong with it, when you have time, take it to a parking lot and spray one thing at a time, until the squeaking stops.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I just got an update from the Ford dealership working on my car and they've identified the source of the noise as the hub and axle assembly. They are in the process of sourcing the parts under warranty. My car sounds identical to the video posted by @Stang24

OP
OP
Stang24

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
I just got an update from the Ford dealership working on my car and they've identified the source of the noise as the hub and axle assembly. They are in the process of sourcing the parts under warranty. My car sounds identical to the video posted by @Stang24
So they’re going to be replacing the hub and axle assembly then?