• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rear end chrip

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
Sound started at around 500 miles. Sound occurs when taking off from a stop or in reverse. Read past forums people said could be hub bearing or thrust washer. Ford said “waiting to hear from ford techs” been a week still no update

Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Is it only the drivers side?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the sharp click sound almost sounds like a sliding shim but really difficult to say without placing hands on. If you raise the rear and spin the wheel by hand do you hear the same?

OP
OP
Stang24

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
Is it only the drivers side?
It’s on both sides. I didn’t hear anything when the wheel was up in the air. Seems like only when there is load on it

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s on both sides. I didn’t hear anything when the wheel was up in the air. Seems like only when there is load on it
E brake? When you had it in the air, by chance, did you apply and disengage the brake(s)?

single click each direction or repeating?

OP
OP
Stang24

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
E brake? When you had it in the air, by chance, did you apply and disengage the brake(s)?

single click each direction or repeating?
Yes single click each direction
I didn’t start the car up while it was in the air

OP
OP
Stang24

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
Any updates ??
No updates. Ford never got back to me. Told me “we heard the noise we contacted the engineers when they answer we will call you back” it’s been a month… called back multiple times they said “still no answer from them yet” yea ok I bet.
I don’t hear the noise as much as I use to

OP
OP
Stang24

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
They just aren’t doing warranty work ..ford isn’t paying them enough for it ..my dealer lately has been coming up with the same exact excuses
I believe it.
Crazy to me how I bring my car to get fixed and they can’t even diagnose it or fix it. If it gets worse I’ll go somewhere else but as of right now I hear it less

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
I had to get a new half axle on my car due to a torn boot on the cv joint. My dealer replaced it under warranty in 2 days. It sounds like a lot of the cv joints come from the factory with leaks or other issues.

OP
OP
Stang24

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
I had to get a new half axle on my car due to a torn boot on the cv joint. My dealer replaced it under warranty in 2 days. It sounds like a lot of the cv joints come from the factory with leaks or other issues.
On the s650??

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
They just aren’t doing warranty work ..ford isn’t paying them enough for it ..my dealer lately has been coming up with the same exact excuses
A few factors at play in relation to your response.

1. The dealer can make a request every so often (year or years, can’t remember) to raise the labor rate Ford pays them. While it is a simple request it isn’t something most dealers will try and claim very often. They see it as a politically bad move with Ford. It also makes their warranty claim rates higher % wise. See #2 below.

2. They are measured against other Ford dealers. Regardless of right or wrong diagnostic work and repair. They compare the costs in different categories and put pressure on the dealer that are the highest in expense. Example category would be drivability concerns. This is measured % to peers. There are typically 8-12 dealers in a group all in a fairly close region due to models sold around the area.

3. This encompasses number two so it could be considered 2b. If a dealer is high in a category they can be forced to a process different than other dealers. They would no longer be able to do a certain type of repair (example transmissions) by electronically submitting the information and doing the repair up front. They would have to get authorization for each step. This process could be put in place for a year or more. Most dealerships put under this scenario manage it by avoiding that type of repair pushing it to customer pay or making it painful for a customer and they end up going to another dealer.

4. A dealer trying to manage the amount of labor they submit to Ford will often submit less than what the warranty SRT is. This can short pay the tech, advisor, etc (or write the difference off internally), but keeps the dealer in compliance and completes the repair for the customer. This behavior often is at the expense of the employees and runs off good techs. There are many dealers that do this and is actually has created a deficit that all dealers have to work out of. When a warranty SRT is developed Ford does the work and develops a “reasonable” (this is completely up for debate) time for the repair. Some of these are almost impossible to achieve and others are gravy money for anyone at the dealership. All of this taken into consideration, dealers shorting the times they submit to Ford hurt themselves as a whole. Ford will reevaluate the warranty SRT and lower it. Then they pay less in the long run to the dealer.

Dammed if you do and dammed if you don’t scenarios.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Sound started at around 500 miles. Sound occurs when taking off from a stop or in reverse. Read past forums people said could be hub bearing or thrust washer. Ford said “waiting to hear from ford techs” been a week still no update

I'm getting this exact noise. Same scenario too. Happens every time I reverse or shift into drive and start moving, it seems to happen with more frequency when the car is cold. You ever find out what it was?

OP
OP
Stang24

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
I'm getting this exact noise. Same scenario too. Happens every time I reverse or shift into drive and start moving, it seems to happen with more frequency when the car is cold. You ever find out what it was?
I never found out what it was. Ford never got back to me. I hear it once in a while if I apply gas in reverse but I stopped worrying about it. Until some part fails then I’ll worry. If you figure out what it is or get it fixed please let me know
Sponsored