• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Radio

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Ok, all of a sudden, every time I start my car up, I have to turn the radio on as it is off. What’s going on with that?
Sponsored

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Could be something messed up with the profile linked to your key fob. did you set those up?

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Could be something messed up with the profile linked to your key fob. did you set those up?
Yes, but they seem fine. I just don’t get it. But I am afraid this is just the first of many things going on. I’m thinking ford may be having a lot people going after them with the lemon law

Last edited:

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Try disabling profiles, see if the behavior stays or not.

I had to disable them because profile one kept imposing the "calm" dashboard on my no matter what i did.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
It may also be a sign of a weak battery. The car will turn various things off to try to preserve the battery. I'm not sure if the radio is one of them, but it's worth mentioning. Do you have a battery charger/tender that you can put on it and see if it continues after the battery is charged?

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Yes, but they seem fine. I just don’t get it. But I am afraid this is just the first of many things going on. I’m thinking ford may be having a lot peop,e goi g after them with the lemon law
My boss coined a name for some of the design choices for user interfaces. He called them user hostile. That somewhat describes the user interface in the mustang. It took about a day to figure out how to set a preset on the radio. Now I am working on removing presets that I don't want. The internet says it can't be done but I did it by accident today so all I have to do is figure out how I did it. Most of these problems could be resolved had they produced a far better user manual. Unfortunately Apple had a say in the design and they haven't produced a good user manual in years for any of their equipment. One shouldn't have to spend hours figuring out how to use something. A computer or device is a tool and not a toy. A toy you spend time with it for enjoyment. A tool is something you use to accomplish a task and shouldn't take a huge amount of time to figure out.

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It may also be a sign of a weak battery. The car will turn various things off to try to preserve the battery. I'm not sure if the radio is one of them, but it's worth mentioning. Do you have a battery charger/tender that you can put on it and see if it continues after the battery is charged?
My son is route sales manager for interstate batteries. He has everything to check all batteries. Will ask him. That kid knows everything about batteries.
I Do know When it has turn things off to save on my battery, because when I get in the car, I said making that sound it makes it makes a different sound so the radio has been off then but other times it’s off no matter what

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My boss coined a name for some of the design choices for user interfaces. He called them user hostile. That somewhat describes the user interface in the mustang. It took about a day to figure out how to set a preset on the radio. Now I am working on removing presets that I don't want. The internet says it can't be done but I did it by accident today so all I have to do is figure out how I did it. Most of these problems could be resolved had they produced a far better user manual. Unfortunately Apple had a say in the design and they haven't produced a good user manual in years for any of their equipment. One shouldn't have to spend hours figuring out how to use something. A computer or device is a tool and not a toy. A toy you spend time with it for enjoyment. A tool is something you use to accomplish a task and shouldn't take a huge amount of time to figure out.
they do have a manual That you have to buy they don’t just give it to you anymore. I took all of mine the first day I got it, and he decided what stations I wanted, I didn’t delete any of them. I just took the a.m. stations and put some FM stations and sirius xm stations on mine

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Mine wont go back to the previous screen , when you back up. Then the camera comes on , and you go back to drive. It keeps going back to the home screen.

509Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F-150 4X4. Waiting on 2024 GT convertible in
I have the manual on my phone as a pdf and spent nearly an hour trying to get back to the local fm station I like. I think the user interface can at times feel like the user slapinface 😡. I suppose if I was in my 20s it would feel natural but I probably couldn’t afford the car. As an old boomer I can afford the car and I’ll eventually learn the system 🤨.

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
I have the manual on my phone as a pdf and spent nearly an hour trying to get back to the local fm station I like. I think the user interface can at times feel like the user slapinface 😡. I suppose if I was in my 20s it would feel natural but I probably couldn’t afford the car. As an old boomer I can afford the car and I’ll eventually learn the system 🤨.
Have you tried using voice commands? I couldn’t even tell you how to get to the radio stations on the car. I just use voice commands to tell it to tune to another station. If the car had physical buttons for presets, that would be the easiest method, but since it doesn’t, voice commands make it easy to not have to hunt through menus.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Ok, all of a sudden, every time I start my car up, I have to turn the radio on as it is off. What’s going on with that?
What state was the vehicle last in? Oh, wait, I mean was the radio on when you turned it off? Argh, was the radio left powered on when you turned off the vehicle?

Is it defaulting to am/fm or hd radio or is it defaulting to sat/CarPlay/android each time you get in?

longjonsilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ram 1500 Laramie, 2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Are you using Apple Car Play? I've noticed that when I use my phone's Siri to unlock my garage door, the system goes into Apple Car Play and deactivates the radio by turning it off and staying in car play. When I get back in the vehicle everything is shut off and it defaults to car play looking for me to start any music from there. If I don't use Siri to open my garage door, the radio stays on when I restart it.

509Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F-150 4X4. Waiting on 2024 GT convertible in
Have you tried using voice commands? I couldn’t even tell you how to get to the radio stations on the car. I just use voice commands to tell it to tune to another station. If the car had physical buttons for presets, that would be the easiest method, but since it doesn’t, voice commands make it easy to not have to hunt through menus.
Thanks for the suggestion!

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What state was the vehicle last in? Oh, wait, I mean was the radio on when you turned it off? Argh, was the radio left powered on when you turned off the vehicle?

Is it defaulting to am/fm or hd radio or is it defaulting to sat/CarPlay/android each time you get in?
It t is always on when I turn the car off. Whichever screen I have on all the time is on , and I have to go to settings and turn audio on.
Sponsored