• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sirius and HD Radio?

LoWeLL216

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Does the base model GT not have satellite radio? It's not listed under my sources...

Also the settings for HD Radio aren't listed either.

Can there really be a car in 2024 that doesn't? Hope I'm just missing a menu dropdown somewhere...
Sponsored

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Check your window sticker with the VIN number. Under Functional you should find SIRIUSXM. One of the reason they attempted to delete AM radio was so they could push the other features.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
It blows my mind that people buy a car without knowing how they are equipped. Regardless of what you assume the base GT does not come with Sirius or HD radio. they are both features included with the 301A package.

S650 Mustang Sirius and HD Radio? IMG_3708

OP
OP
LoWeLL216

LoWeLL216

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
It blows my mind that people buy a car without knowing how they are equipped. Regardless of what you assume the base GT does not come with Sirius or HD radio. they are both features included with the 301A package.

IMG_3708.jpeg
Jeez man - sorry if a simple question triggered you. Blows my mind when people on a forum can't offer a simple response to a simple question without being an ass. Or just move on to another discussion...

Regardless, appreciate the information and the screenshot of the package.

Satellite radio really wasn't a decision point for me in purchasing the car - I was just surprised not to find it with all the other tech this thing has included. I mean, my son's 2018 Ford Focus has it and that was under $20k and it's 5 years old... I'm sure most people just stream from their phones anyway.

In fairness, the Mustang has a lot of features in the base model that are impressive (blind spot monitoring, lane assist, hill assist, rear sensors, etc). They need to reduce costs somewhere.

Anyway - thanks for the info, hope you enjoy your car, and take care.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Jeez man - sorry if a simple question triggered you. Blows my mind when people on a forum can't offer a simple response to a simple question without being an ass. Or just move on to another discussion...

Regardless, appreciate the information and the screenshot of the package.

Satellite radio really wasn't a decision point for me in purchasing the car - I was just surprised not to find it with all the other tech this thing has included. I mean, my son's 2018 Ford Focus has it and that was under $20k and it's 5 years old... I'm sure most people just stream from their phones anyway.

In fairness, the Mustang has a lot of features in the base model that are impressive (blind spot monitoring, lane assist, hill assist, rear sensors, etc). They need to reduce costs somewhere.

Anyway - thanks for the info, hope you enjoy your car, and take care.
Apologizes. Totally sorry about that. My bad. It's just with the arrival of the new S650 there are a lot of these types of questions. Honestly I have these radios and have never used them. The sound of the Coyote is all I need.

Ps. I've edited my original post to remove the stupid ass comment I made. :giggle: :like:

OP
OP
LoWeLL216

LoWeLL216

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Apologizes. Totally sorry about that. My bad. It's just with the arrival of the new S650 there are a lot of these types of questions. Honestly I have these radios and have never used them. The sound of the Coyote is all I need.

Ps. I've edited my original post to remove the stupid ass comment I made. :giggle: :like:

No worries! Sometimes I forget MANY things have probably already been asked.

Honestly, my wife was like "do you even use that?" so you're right!

And same - once my h-pipe goes in I'll be to busy listening to the engine anyway.

All good - thanks for replying!
Sponsored