• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Radio

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Have you tried using voice commands? I couldn’t even tell you how to get to the radio stations on the car. I just use voice commands to tell it to tune to another station. If the car had physical buttons for presets, that would be the easiest method, but since it doesn’t, voice commands make it easy to not have to hunt through menus.
Join the club. I did learn today I can’t make a phone call until I get car play off. Then I clicked the phone and said call scot
Sponsored

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine wont go back to the previous screen , when you back up. Then the camera comes on , and you go back to drive. It keeps going back to the home screen.
I think mine does too. I will check. I, usually only have the same screen on

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you using Apple Car Play? I've noticed that when I use my phone's Siri to unlock my garage door, the system goes into Apple Car Play and deactivates the radio by turning it off and staying in car play. When I get back in the vehicle everything is shut off and it defaults to car play looking for me to start any music from there. If I don't use Siri to open my garage door, the radio stays on when I restart it.
I use the remote in the car to open the garage door

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the manual on my phone as a pdf and spent nearly an hour trying to get back to the local fm station I like. I think the user interface can at times feel like the user slapinface 😡. I suppose if I was in my 20s it would feel natural but I probably couldn’t afford the car. As an old boomer I can afford the car and I’ll eventually learn the system 🤨.
Mike, go to your profile. Program all your favorite stations on it. Then they will always be there. To change them, you can either touch the screen, or t command it to the station or use the arrow button on the steering wheel to go through your favorites

longjonsilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ram 1500 Laramie, 2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I use the remote in the car to open the garage door
the point I was trying to make is that if I was using car play to stream music or whatever service that goes through car play, the radio defaults to off when I restart it

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the point I was trying to make is that if I was using car play to stream music or whatever service that goes through car play, the radio defaults to off when I restart it
Mine is usually always on car play In case I get a text. In fact, I need to find a quick way to get out of Apple CarPlay. I know how to get to it, But like today when I went to make a phone call, I had to get out of it, so I just went to my Google map, I don’t know what else you can do to get out of it

Steadyvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang ecoboost
Have you tried using voice commands? I couldn’t even tell you how to get to the radio stations on the car. I just use voice commands to tell it to tune to another station. If the car had physical buttons for presets, that would be the easiest method, but since it doesn’t, voice commands make it easy to not have to hunt through menus.
I use voice commands to navigate to the radio. Once in the radio screen, I use the steering wheel arrows to navigate to all my preset stations.
Sponsored