• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Delete Radio Stations in "Favorites Strip"?

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
When I turn on my radio, there are a bunch of presets/favorites on the channel strip. Most don't work and the stations I have marked as a Favorite (blue star) aren't populated in that strip.
Is there a way to delete these non functioning radio stations and add my favorites?
Sponsored

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
It's in the manual, but short version... tune to the station you want, press and hold the button of a preset you don't want, and the new one will replace the old one.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's in the manual, but short version... tune to the station you want, press and hold the button of a preset you don't want, and the new one will replace the old one.
I’ll try that. Sounds strange.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
Make sure you hold it until you get the 'saved' message... just a few seconds. I think it beeps also when saved, but it's been 3 months since I did mine, I I'm not sure about the beep.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Yes, the press & hold will replace one with the currently tuned station. Been that way for many years. But I've never seen an option to simply remove one and have no station assigned to that preset.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Make sure you hold it until you get the 'saved' message... just a few seconds. I think it beeps also when saved, but it's been 3 months since I did mine, I I'm not sure about the beep.
Agree, along the lines of hold to overwrite

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, the press & hold will replace one with the currently tuned station. Been that way for many years. But I've never seen an option to simply remove one and have no station assigned to that preset.
Thanks all. It worked great.

Reactions: Zig
OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What’s a good search word for this in the manual? I did try!

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Out of curiosity, and I have yet to try since I just thought of it. Can you scroll to one that is not set, select that as the choice, scroll back to the preset, hold to overwrite with the unset selection as the currently set setting?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Out of curiosity, and I have yet to try since I just thought of it. Can you scroll to one that is not set, select that as the choice, scroll back to the preset, hold to overwrite with the unset selection as the currently set setting?
Your not copying one preset to another. You're setting the preset button you are holding with whatever the currently selected (playing) station is.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your not copying one preset to another. You're setting the preset button you are holding with whatever the currently selected (playing) station is.
Correct, short of a delete option overwrite with nothing is ?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sometimes you can drag and drop but haven’t tried lately

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Correct, short of a delete option overwrite with nothing is ?
I've personally never seen an option to manually delete a single preset that leaves it blank/empty.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've personally never seen an option to manually delete a single preset that leaves it blank/empty.
Short of a radio reset, which would wipe all, unless they do a confirm on hold I’m not really sure how they would implement, maybe a list of presets in an option somewhere but then it would most likely be locked while in motion to prevent distraction.
Sponsored