• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Question on aftermarket spoiler replacement.

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Just a general question, not sure if theres some kind of standard that the 24 will follow or if they're all different.

If I wanted to put an aftermarket spoiler on my GT (which I do), and take off the small one that comes with it (which I will), is that an easy swap? I'm not even sure myself how the current spoiler is attached, and if its by bolts are the holes a universal distance apart so that new ones can easily swap over or do new holes have to be drilled etc?
Sponsored

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Just a general question, not sure if theres some kind of standard that the 24 will follow or if they're all different.

If I wanted to put an aftermarket spoiler on my GT (which I do), and take off the small one that comes with it (which I will), is that an easy swap? I'm not even sure myself how the current spoiler is attached, and if its by bolts are the holes a universal distance apart so that new ones can easily swap over or do new holes have to be drilled etc?
I asked this question a few days ago in another thread. I was told that the "blade" spoiler is bolted and 3M'd to the trunk lid. So you would just unbolt it and gently pull off. And also that if you wanted to replace it with the stock PP spoiler the bolts are in the same location and you would just need to remove any 3M tape left over and bolt it right up. I believe most aftermarket vendors make their spoilers so that they can just "bolt on".

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I asked this question a few days ago in another thread. I was told that the "blade" spoiler is bolted and 3M'd to the trunk lid. So you would just unbolt it and gently pull off. And also that if you wanted to replace it with the stock PP spoiler the bolts are in the same location and you would just need to remove any 3M tape left over and bolt it right up. I believe most aftermarket vendors make their spoilers so that they can just "bolt on".
Gotcha, I plan on going with a bigger spoiler than the PP one, so I'm hoping the bolts just happen to be somewhat universal and line up.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Gotcha, I plan on going with a bigger spoiler than the PP one, so I'm hoping the bolts just happen to be somewhat universal and line up.
I'm curious in what Ford is going to charge for the DH wing? I'm sure it's going to be big $$$

JoesProGTO

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Pro Street 74 GTO, 2024 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
I'm curious in what Ford is going to charge for the DH wing? I'm sure it's going to be big $$$
Not 100% sure, but a Ford Parts guy told me the Dark Horse Wing is somewhere around $1800! They want to discourage people from trying to “clone” the Dark Horse 😐

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
Yeah, the OEM parts are like $1800 for handling pack spoiler + $700 for the gurney flap...
Sponsored