• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Pros vs cons, red vs white

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Early june, how long did it take for yours to be scheduled? Im at almost 3 months without scheduled.
I got scheduled a month after ordering. I think the NP is really holding you back. Pretty sure I got lucky as the constraints hit right after I got scheduled.
Sponsored

papaD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Power Wagon 2016 Challenger 392 shaker
Here are some pics of my build. White with bronze pack...shipped! Getting it any day now (fingers crossed)

S650 Mustang Pros vs cons, red vs white Capture1.JPG

S650 Mustang Pros vs cons, red vs white Capture2.JPG

S650 Mustang Pros vs cons, red vs white Capture5.JPG

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I got scheduled a month after ordering. I think the NP is really holding you back. Pretty sure I got lucky as the constraints hit right after I got scheduled.
Crazy. I've been considering taking it off the order and adding 301a instead. I plan to wrap the hood matte black as soon as it comes in, so I could really just do the roof myself as well. All that leaves is the badges and rims really and I'm sure I could figure that out.

gpellis87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 F150 Raptor, '22 X5
I ordered with NPP July 25 and got scheduled 2 days later. Commodity constraint is just part of the equation.

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I ordered with NPP July 25 and got scheduled 2 days later. Commodity constraint is just part of the equation.
Now that I don't understand. Part of me wants to call BS. I have the best priority code at my dealership, they have allocation, theres literally nothing that could hold it back other than the NPP

gpellis87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 F150 Raptor, '22 X5
Now that I don't understand. Part of me wants to call BS. I have the best priority code at my dealership, they have allocation, theres literally nothing that could hold it back other than the NPP
Not sure what the issue is. I ordered July 25, got my first email from Ford that day. Got my scheduled for production email July 27. Production is scheduled for Sept 25, assuming it happens. Red, GT, Perf Pack, 401a, NPP. There’s no rhyme or reason to this junk. I specifically did no order when the banks opened because I did with the Bronco and it was the most painful process known to man, delay after delay after delay. I watched people offer after me get their cars built and shipped while mine sat on dirt mountain for 2+ months.

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Not sure what the issue is. I ordered July 25, got my first email from Ford that day. Got my scheduled for production email July 27. Production is scheduled for Sept 25, assuming it happens. Red, GT, Perf Pack, 401a, NPP. There’s no rhyme or reason to this junk. I specifically did no order when the banks opened because I did with the Bronco and it was the most painful process known to man, delay after delay after delay. I watched people offer after me get their cars built and shipped while mine sat on dirt mountain for 2+ months.
It seems like the premiums / cars with PP seem to get out faster for some reason. I think theres just so many more base GT's that they have way more to get through, (which mine is), so I dunno. Just a theory

gpellis87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 F150 Raptor, '22 X5
That’s usually true of others too, they will often build more expensive cars first as they have a higher margin. Took a while to see the “35k Tesla Model 3 and the base Bronco doesn’t even exist anymore.

I’m sure it will get scheduled soon, there aren’t that many unscheduled retail builds out there. Mine was originally scheduled Oct 2 and moved up one week - until there’s a window sticker it’s all up in the air really and could shift.

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
That’s usually true of others too, they will often build more expensive cars first as they have a higher margin. Took a while to see the “35k Tesla Model 3 and the base Bronco doesn’t even exist anymore.

I’m sure it will get scheduled soon, there aren’t that many unscheduled retail builds out there. Mine was originally scheduled Oct 2 and moved up one week - until there’s a window sticker it’s all up in the air really and could shift.
Yeah, with how much they overcharged for packages in this edition I imagine they're trying to capitalize on it as much as possible. I'm personally just trying to think positive by realizing the longer it takes the more of a down payment I'll have saved up and the lower my payments will be.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
My current car is white and my S650 will also be white. IMO white is one of the easier colors to keep clean and also tends to look clean even with dirt on it. I highly recommend getting the Nite Pony Package if you're going with Oxford White though.

1693255230395.png
I agree. I've had 3 white Corvettes. All of our daily drivers are or have been white as well. It's very forgiving when it comes to swirl marks and flaws in the paint. I never drove my Corvettes in the rain, so they were easy to keep clean. All of them had red interiors. Very classy in my opinion. Went with Vapor Blue this time just because.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Remember there are 2 reds available. Rapid Red is quite a bit different than Race Red. I learned to love Rapid Red.

S650 Mustang Pros vs cons, red vs white Finished product

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Remember there are 2 reds available. Rapid Red is quite a bit different than Race Red. I learned to love Rapid Red.

Finished product.jpg
Personally the rapid red is a bit too dark for me, if i went red it would be race red, though i think i'll probably stick with white

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
White is a traditional Ford racing color, red always looks good on a Mustang. I like both colors. I picked vapor blue because it is unusual but I tought it would be bluer and less gray. I had a black s550 that looked amazing, but only because I spent ridiculous time keeping it extra clean and swirl free. No more!
It depends on what kind of owner you are. From a purely practical standpoint white will look good for a longer period of time between washes and show swirls less. But white will also be the first color to show the smallest pecks of rust. I assume this is a non issue and most Mustang owners have a garage and a car cover.
Why don't you just trust your first instinct and go with the color you picked. It made sense to you. It's your car, it's a nice car and you can be proud.

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10
Which color, red or white, decisions decisions...
White:
Laundromat washer / dryer
Lab coats and straight jackets
Old man boxer shorts (mostly)
Tasteless rice

Red:
Little red corvette,
Red barchetta,
Red red Wine
Blood Red Acura (aka Dracura)

Must I go on?

No, mine will not be red, it will be blue since green is not an option.
Always glad to help!

ROSSTHEBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
My current car is white and my S650 will also be white. IMO white is one of the easier colors to keep clean and also tends to look clean even with dirt on it. I highly recommend getting the Nite Pony Package if you're going with Oxford White though.

1693255230395.png
WoW she is a beauty đź‘Ť
Sponsored