• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Pros vs cons, red vs white

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Need some serious opinions here, with some explanations as to why.

Currently have a white order, but considered changing to red. For context, all accents will be black.

Want to hear some actual pros vs cons on each color as I can not make my mind up for the life of me, and I'm super scared that I'll end up regretting the color I choose. (Though i guess thats not the end of the world consider wrap is a thing)
Sponsored

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
My current car is white and my S650 will also be white. IMO white is one of the easier colors to keep clean and also tends to look clean even with dirt on it. I highly recommend getting the Nite Pony Package if you're going with Oxford White though.

S650 Mustang Pros vs cons, red vs white 1693255230395

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
My current car is white and my S650 will also be white. IMO white is one of the easier colors to keep clean and also tends to look clean even with dirt on it. I highly recommend getting the Nite Pony Package if you're going with Oxford White though.
My current order is a base gt white, manual, with the nite pony package (hence why it hasn't been scheduled to build yet lmao).

gpellis87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 F150 Raptor, '22 X5
Really depends what you want/like. I've had all sorts of different colors. White is the most common color on the road - and it's also the easiest to keep clean and typically always looks pretty good. For me, I ordered a bright red one. My dad had a 66 Fastback that was candy apple red - and I really like red with the black accents. I don't have any issues with white though. What I absolutely did not want was another dark car or form of grayscale, I feel like every car coming out now has 15 gray color options and I can't stand keeping dark cars clean. My Raptor is forever dirty and my wife has a black X5... god help me.

I had a black C7 Z06 and I felt like I could just spend all day buffing and keeping it clean. White hides pretty much all those imperfections in the clear lol

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
Silver is probably the easiest color to maintain. Ceramic coat the car and it will make cleaning 10x easier. White is too common, I would choose Race Red with Red or Gray interior.

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Honestly I've never seen a white mustang in all my years of driving in person. I see more red and black than any other color.

Red raises insurance as well correct?

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Honestly I've never seen a white mustang in all my years of driving in person. I see more red and black than any other color.
This is exactly why I went white. I even asked my friends for their input they also agreed on white because a White Mustang is actually not that common.

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer

1693255230395.png
What a beauty, would love to see your personal thread about your vehicle with pictures, stories, experiences and updates.

I would call her snow white. Sometimes she has her top on and sometimes sheis topless.

gpellis87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 F150 Raptor, '22 X5

Red raises insurance as well correct?
I've never in my life seen a car color change insurance rates unless it's some sort of special painted color. It has everything to do with your history, area, etc.

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I've never in my life seen a car color change insurance rates unless it's some sort of special painted color. It has everything to do with your history, area, etc.
From everyone I've asked with red cars (my UIL just got a red wrx) said the color did raise their rates. Red has always done that from what I know, never understood why.

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
In my country, car color also can change the amount you have to pay.
Red vehicles tend to have more damage claims than others.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
What a beauty, would love to see your personal thread about your vehicle with pictures, stories, experiences and updates.

I would call her snow white. Sometimes she has her top on and sometimes sheis topless.
That's not mine, but it's my exact spec except I'm getting a coupe. Should have it here in the next two weeks or so.

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
That's not mine, but it's my exact spec except I'm getting a coupe. Should have it here in the next two weeks or so.
Still can't believe yours is already coming in with NP package. Mine isn't even scheduled to be built.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Still can't believe yours is already coming in with NP package. Mine isn't even scheduled to be built.
When did you order? I ordered early May.

Also mine has been stuck at New Boston for over a week so idk when it's coming lol

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
When did you order? I ordered early May.

Also mine has been stuck at New Boston for over a week so idk when it's coming lol
Early june, how long did it take for yours to be scheduled? Im at almost 3 months without scheduled.
Sponsored