• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Pony badge on front grille

Killshot58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Premium GT, Vapor Blue, Nite Pony Pkg
I just bought a Vapor Blue 2024 with the nite Pony package and it looks great. I sometimes think about changing the front grille pony which is currently black to another color so that it pops out a little bit. I have the red brembo brake package which complements the vapor blue very nicely.

I'm wondering how it would look if I changed out the black pony to the same color as the red brake calipers. Or maybe change it out to a Vapor Blue? Or maybe just leave it as is? Red might be a bit much. ???

If I had photo shop I could probably see each option. Has anyone here done something similar to their front badge? If so, I'd love to see some pics. I went through all of the Vapor Blue threads and did not see any red pony badges. I wish the badges were easier to change out without removing the front end.

I checked with a company that does vinyl wrapping, but they said the hoofs would present a problem. Not enough material for the vinyl to grab hold of.

I'd love some input. Thanks.
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Unless you can see the pony at the same time as the wheel calipers, it can't really complement them.

I wanted everything - emblems included - as dark/black as possible. Keep it as is.

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I also have vapor blue with red calipers. I did not want the night pony package. That's not for me.
That said, if I did order the night pony package, I would want to keep the 'blacked out' NPP theme unified. That's how NPP makes an impact: ALL the bright bits are black. I think changing the grille pony would detract from it.
The good news: the grille emblem is cheap and easily replaced. You can experiment and see what you like. Maybe use plasti-dip and peel it off if you don't like the red. And if you do, go with a more permanent finish.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
For some reason I wanna say lethal has a blue one on theirs, not sure if they painted and replaced though.

OP
OP

Killshot58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for both of those responses. True about the red calipers not really complementing a red badge since they're not seen when viewing the front grille. I'm leaning towards leaving it as intended. Black.

Reactions: JAL

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PPGT Manual MGW
Red would not look good IMO. I have a PP so the grill opening allows you access to get a small flexible head ratcheting wrench to the nuts securing the emblem. I only used 2 nuts to secure the new black horse emblem.

OP
OP

Killshot58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seems like your badge removal is a lot easier than what I've see. on you tube. You have to remove the front end and wheel wells to gain access to the backside of the badge.

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep. Just remove top cover and reach down. Does take a steady hand.

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
Yep. Just remove top cover and reach down. Does take a steady hand.
Wdym top cover? i havent seen a way to do it thats not removing the bumper. I have a black pony waiting to go on until i have time to drop the bumper.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I think he’s talking about the top cover over the radiator. I believe it has push pins holding it in place and goes over the hood latch opening

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep..

S650 Mustang Pony badge on front grille IMG_3424

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you have active shutters, you will not be able to get to it this way. Performance package cars do not.
Sponsored