• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Parasitic Current Drain

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
@REV745DH24 - Most late model vehicles, from cars and trucks to side by sides and more, have become very fickle when it comes to adequate voltage. It's important to either drive a vehicle regularly or keep a battery maintainer on it.

Glad you're not having issues anymore!
Most German cars in fact.
VW in particular.
Finicky little things they are.

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
Nice work. Full charge and Maintainer is the crucial to avoid any voltage issues if not a daily driver.

Hell just opening the Ford app pings the car
Exactly! Have my DH on a charger, so many electronics.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
I retired from the Ford battery supplier at and one of the requirements was that the car had to start after sitting for 45 days. Ford would give us the draw number and then let replicate that draw, for 45 days and if it was too high, the vehicle would get a bigger battery or the architecture people’s would have to find a way to reduce the draw.

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
@REV745DH24 - Most late model vehicles, from cars and trucks to side by sides and more, have become very fickle when it comes to adequate voltage. It's important to either drive a vehicle regularly or keep a battery maintainer on it.

Glad you're not having issues anymore!
Put mine on late October just off A week ago. No problems at all.
Sponsored