• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ordering a New Mustang? Head to Costco

OP
OP
Crew4991

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
With all due respect, I don't think you're paying attention. I need zero advice on buying vehicles. I've literally purchased dozens. I'm not your average consumer.

Appreciate your efforts, though. šŸ˜‰
Not referring to you, Iā€™m referring to most consumers.
Sponsored

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
What do you do for service & warranty work? According to NADA (2020), car dealerships make about 25% of their Gross Profit from car sales. If you take that away, it doesn't leave much money left to invest in service.
Dealerships follow a calculation model called absorption rate. It is a calculation that the service and parts departments can completely pay for all dealership expenses including the salaries of the sales people (but not their commissions). This implies that if a dealership didnā€™t sell one vehicle for the month they can pay all of their bills. The number to be at varies. Most like to be above 110% while the NADA says 125% is the right minimum. The calculation can be done two different ways. The first is all expenses less floor plan (financing vehicles through the manufacturer) and the other way does not include floor plans. My dealerships (39 of them) run at 105% to 110% depending on the sales for the month. We have some unique situations that drive ours to be lower than the standard such as 3 stand alone used truck dealerships with no parts or service.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I had friend that was a car salesman and his personel license plate was
"NO 1 WALKS".
He never wanted to lose a sale.

I have bought 68 new vehicles and none of the sales folks remained friends after the sale.
Just saying.
That's a lot of new vehicles!!!

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
I was able to order in S. Cali at invoice.

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
Roadpilot, Do I detect doubt in your post. I only included new vehicles and not used. Much less, maybe 15 used plus 14 motorcycles. It started in 1972 with the first Honda car to come the US. It was called 600 ( 600 CC, 2 cyclinder ) and it came as 2 door coupe or sedan. $1775 brand new, with 10 inch tires. This was the least expensive with 2016 911S topping the price list. I can list them all but that would tedious, but I can PM you with list.
Im not proud of this fact but it does afford me a good knowledge base when buying a vehicle. I could buy a nice beach front property with the money I've lost. I have helped many folks save money in their negotiations, though.

This Mustang is taking longer than any I've ordered. Eleven weeks and probably a couple more.
Two Corvettes, a C5 and C7 took no more than 9 weeks. Two cars ago, I had the car in the garage 13 days after it came off the assembly line. That was the fastest.
Just saying.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
I know Palm Springs Ford was making those kind of deals, pretty sweet! Not sure about the dealers closer to San Diego or LA though.
I'm in Los Angeles

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Roadpilot, Do I detect doubt in your post. I only included new vehicles and not used. Much less, maybe 15 used plus 14 motorcycles. It started in 1972 with the first Honda car to come the US. It was called 600 ( 600 CC, 2 cyclinder ) and it came as 2 door coupe or sedan. $1775 brand new, with 10 inch tires. This was the least expensive with 2016 911S topping the price list. I can list them all but that would tedious, but I can PM you with list.
Im not proud of this fact but it does afford me a good knowledge base when buying a vehicle. I could buy a nice beach front property with the money I've lost. I have helped many folks save money in their negotiations, though.

This Mustang is taking longer than any I've ordered. Eleven weeks and probably a couple more.
Two Corvettes, a C5 and C7 took no more than 9 weeks. Two cars ago, I had the car in the garage 13 days after it came off the assembly line. That was the fastest.
Just saying.
At eleven weeks with a bit more to go, consider yourself lucky. There are many early orders that have been sitting for six to nine months - Not DH orders either.
I'm looking at close to 5 months with an early December order.

Last edited:

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Roadpilot, Do I detect doubt in your post.
With all due respect, in all of my ~57 years, I know of not one single person who has averaged purchasing a POV (82% of them being brand new) every 7.5 months for over 52 years.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
With all due respect, in all of my ~57 years, I know of not one single person who has averaged purchasing a POV (82% of them being brand new) every 7.5 months for over 52 years.
Relatively easy if you run a business and are the car buyer, but for personal use there are some serious issues there! :wink:

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm looking at close to 5 months with an early December order.
@DCS, don't hate me, but ... it's been a very, very long 6 days since I put my deposit down.

S650 Mustang Ordering a New Mustang? Head to Costco 1710185152055

• Sad
Reactions: DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And a DH, no less.
In my defense, I spent 19 days religiously searching vehicles on the Ford AZ Plan site until I found it.
Sponsored