• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ordered My Mustang !!!

JRONET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT, 2019 Volvo XC90
I ordered my 24' Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Atlas Blue, Space Gray, Auto, 401A and GT Performance Package. Short and sweet!! I ordered the unit on March 20 but the dealer does not have allocation until April, so I guess my order date is April 1. Now what? When do you think I will actually get the GT? What would be the best case - worst case scenarios? I have an 06' GT Coupe with 9k miles so now I will have a pair of GT's.
As soon as I get the unit I have to drive it 1,000 miles to Florida. I am getting a list together for car prep for this 1,000 mile shake down cruise. Any suggestions for getting the GT ready for this trip would be appreciated. I can't wait.
Sponsored

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2024 GT (soon)
Congratulations for ordering your new car. When did your dealer say you might expect the car? Why does your 18 year old car only have 9k miles? And why are you driving the new one to Florida?
Just curious.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
I had a 90 day experience others waited much longer, if I were shopping today I would check inventories of dealers all around the region.

Congrats! You will enjoy the car.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/th...tal-retail-unscheduled-orders-3-18-24.160625/

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/new-car-acceptance-checklist.158844/

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/introduce-yourself-to-mustang7g.156050/

Welcome to the Forums. :clap:

Looking at the latest constraints (published regularly), your build looks OK, that it will not be additionally delayed.

It's good your dealer discussed allocations and when the next one is coming up. April would be fine. Dealers and Regional Managers discuss allocations often. Might be a good idea to confirm later your build was paired with an allocation.

There's been no consistent timeline as to when a build is selected, built and shipped. Things are moving in the right direction, but six weeks, eight, four months, there's no telling.

In the mean time, I listed some links you can review. A few topics I'd study:

- Break in process. You'll be on the highway, so think out how to vary your driving on the trip. No cruise control. Variable speeds. Occasionally downshift for some higher revs. Take and off ramp every so often, wait at a light, get back on again. That kind of thing

- Detailing supplies. There might be some new items you want to stock before arrival

- Insurance. Once you get a VIN, you can pre-load your car for insurance and get all that updated, then later set the date when to go active

Ford will be sending you e-mail updates over time. Many are automatic. The system is not consistent. Your dealer can help with updates as well.

Once again, Welcome. :like:

Edit: new car, driving long distance. Advise the dealer you'll be doing such, that they'll do a good, thorough inspection of the car at pickup. Give yourself plenty of time to go over the car and confirm all is good. Ask them to fill it up with Premium gas, the highest possible octane at the pump. Check the tire pressure before you leave; the car ships with 40 psi / 2.75 bar in the tires. Document everything well before leaving.

Last edited:

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
A couple bags of jerky and two large Gatoradeā€™s. Otherwise, have fun.

OP
OP

JRONET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations for ordering your new car. When did your dealer say you might expect the car? Why does your 18 year old car only have 9k miles? And why are you driving the new one to Florida?
Just curious.
Dealer didnā€™t say anything. We are Snowbirds between PA and Fl. I have another everyday car in FL so we donā€™t use the 06ā€™ much.

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why didn't you buy the car in FL? Got a better deal in PA?

KABStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT convertible, 2024 Mustang GT conv.
I ordered my 24' Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Atlas Blue, Space Gray, Auto, 401A and GT Performance Package. Short and sweet!! I ordered the unit on March 20 but the dealer does not have allocation until April, so I guess my order date is April 1. Now what? When do you think I will actually get the GT? What would be the best case - worst case scenarios? I have an 06' GT Coupe with 9k miles so now I will have a pair of GT's.
As soon as I get the unit I have to drive it 1,000 miles to Florida. I am getting a list together for car prep for this 1,000 mile shake down cruise. Any suggestions for getting the GT ready for this trip would be appreciated. I can't wait.
I ordered and received the same car, minus the performance package, and with AVE, and am very happy with it, although I only have about 15 miles on it as it is still crappy weather in eastern Canada. With the PP you will have different wheels, I will likely replace my wheels at some point. My dealer put my order in Jan 2, it was built Feb. 16, and arrived at the dealership by truck Feb 29. I picked it up Mar 1. I told the dealer not to wash it or put any dealer stickers on it and they respected my wishes.
S650 Mustang Ordered My Mustang !!! IMG_6392
S650 Mustang Ordered My Mustang !!! IMG_6370

S650 Mustang Ordered My Mustang !!! 2024 Mustang ShippedBL

OP
OP

JRONET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered and received the same car, minus the performance package, and with AVE, and am very happy with it, although I only have about 15 miles on it as it is still crappy weather in eastern Canada. With the PP you will have different wheels, I will likely replace my wheels at some point. My dealer put my order in Jan 2, it was built Feb. 16, and arrived at the dealership by truck Feb 29. I picked it up Mar 1. I told the dealer not to wash it or put any dealer stickers on it and they respected my wishes.
IMG_6392.jpeg
IMG_6370.jpeg

2024 Mustang ShippedBL.jpeg
That is a great looking car!1111 I canā€™t wait.

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If same price then why not buy in Florida and not have to drive 1,000 miles?

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
congrats, same spec as mine but im in a coupe. Do black wheels and badges, itll look fantastic i promise!

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
If same price then why not buy in Florida and not have to drive 1,000 miles?
I'm going to guess that he has two homes, one in PA and one in FL. Also going to guess it's easier for him to deal with things like this at his PA home instead of trying to do everything over the phone and e-mail. Also, maybe he wants to drive it down, leave it there, and fly home to PA instead of driving down, dealing with two cars down there, then having to drive a different car back. Lots of explanations.

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
IMG_6392.jpeg
IMG_6370.jpeg

2024 Mustang ShippedBL.jpeg
Those are two lovely rides next to each other, You have a good taste
Sponsored