• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Options for protecting against stone chips on S650's

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
I don't mind at all.
I doubt anyone could get a price like this. I paid 3850$. That's for a complete PPF on all body colored surfaces with no visible seams, all edges tucked in, door sills and headlights done, the grille surrounds, the spoiler, and a second (sacrificial) layer in the rear rocker panels (that's because the A pillars, the roof, B pillars and the rear fenders is just one piece of PPF, expensive to replace) Not a pre-cut kit. Made by an Xpel certified shop. I had a rebate because I am a member of the local mustang club.
And also, I was willing to leave the car there for 15 days and not bug them for updates constantly.
The 'best deal' the dealership's partner PPF shop could give me was 5450$. I think most times you can expect to pay 7000$ for a Ferrari-grade job.
The advantage of doing PPF on day 1 is that there's very little -if any- time spent on paint correction, which is very labor intensive ($$).
This particular PPF Xpel Fusion Ultimate is self-healing and also has the same effect as ceramic coating when you clean it. I save so much time on keeping it looking clean, to me it is well worth it.
But I am not the type who changes cars every few years. PPF helps re-sell the car faster, but won't really help get a better price upon trading in. It's more for people like me who will keep the car 10 years+ I think.
That’s a hell of a price. Full car coverage by me cheaply is $5500 for low quality pre cut. We paid over $7,000 but we also got some extras with the full coverage.
Sponsored

Reactions: JAL