• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Official BLUE EMBER Mustang S650 Thread

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
The only way painted stripes makes sense is if you’re garage queening the thing with the plan on maxing resale value imo otherwise it’s a total cash grab
Sponsored

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
when I get home I'll check to see if blue ember is the only color with painted stripes
I do remember seeing a sticker for a Grabber Blue Metallic Dark Horse with the Indigo interior, though
Thanks. What is your opinion on the painted stripe in person? How does it compare to the vinyl graphics if you have seen that?

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Thanks. What is your opinion on the painted stripe in person? How does it compare to the vinyl graphics if you have seen that?
I haven't seen the vinyl, but it's probably better to get the vinyl because of what oppolock said

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
Very interesting, can I ask how you came to know this?
used Ford's OASIS system to look up the pre-production dark horses
for some reason, some of them had the "connected vehicle" part active

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
used Ford's OASIS system to look up the pre-production dark horses
for some reason, some of them had the "connected vehicle" part active
Ah okay. This makes sense.

I'm assuming the "connected vehicle" feature is possibly active because Ford tests this regularly, if it's active on a prototype DH. What comes as a slight surprise to me though is that mileage is one of the things you can read off of the car.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
Ah okay. This makes sense.

I'm assuming the "connected vehicle" feature is possibly active because Ford tests this regularly, if it's active on a prototype DH. What comes as a slight surprise to me though is that mileage is one of the things you can read off of the car.
the "connected vehicle" feature has 5 main things
odometer, fuel level (including miles to empty), tire pressures, oil life, and all DTCs within the last 60 days
example using my current Mustang
S650 Mustang Official BLUE EMBER Mustang S650 Thread 1676135221914

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
That insta photo looks nice, but still looks like there's a filter on and not natural photo to me...

CoBrArOx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Genesis GV80 Prestige
The only way painted stripes makes sense is if you’re garage queening the thing with the plan on maxing resale value imo otherwise it’s a total cash grab
That makes no sense vynl would be if you were keeping it in a garage if you are actually using the car than painted stripes that won't peel off are the way to go.

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That makes no sense vynl would be if you were keeping it in a garage if you are actually using the car than painted stripes that won't peel off are the way to go.
Painted stripes are 10x the cost of vinyl. You could replace the vinyl stripes several times before reaching the cost of the painted ones. To redo paint is also 10x more than redoing vinyl stripes which anyone can do themselves. I think the statement makes sense that painted ones belong to garage queens.

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From that same Instagram
https://instagram.com/themikedean

Photos of the car just don't show the colors well. Really hope there's a chance to see a walk-around video or in person car before I make my order.
S650 Mustang Official BLUE EMBER Mustang S650 Thread IMG_20230221_104445_981
S650 Mustang Official BLUE EMBER Mustang S650 Thread IMG_20230221_104838_806

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Painted stripes are an exclusive feature which adds to the collector’s value, of course it makes sense

They’re a waste of money in any other case unless you can somehow explain to me how some selective paintwork is worth almost $10k

CoBrArOx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Genesis GV80 Prestige
Painted stripes are 10x the cost of vinyl. You could replace the vinyl stripes several times before reaching the cost of the painted ones. To redo paint is also 10x more than redoing vinyl stripes which anyone can do themselves. I think the statement makes sense that painted ones belong to garage queens.
Painted stripes are an exclusive feature which adds to the collector’s value, of course it makes sense

They’re a waste of money in any other case unless you can somehow explain to me how some selective paintwork is worth almost $10k
I never said 10k was justified plus I don't think it will be that high on the dark horse.

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I never said 10k was justified plus I don't think it will be that high on the dark horse.
That's fair. I still think your opinion that paint would be a better choice over vinyl for a frequently driven car is inaccurate based on the reasons I posted before.

Cost is still far cheaper for vinyl than paint, even if the paint option is only $3k (which I doubt it will be the cheap). Vinyl if you apply yourself is like $100.
Sponsored