• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

No Wifi

YouYes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP, 10spd
Hello Everyone,

I bought my S650 in Saudi Arabia, and for some reason, I dont have the software update button or wifi in my Sync 4. Is it possible to update via USB?
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
End consumers cannot apply Power-Up Updates via USB (like the older Sync systems).

The only way to update anything via USB is from FDRS (Ford Diagnostic and Repair System), and that's only if the update is specifically designed for it. FDRS is used by the Ford dealer techs and you need both a subscription to it and an expensive J-Box passthru or J2534 VIC to communicate with the vehicle.

I have that stuff (from programming my F150), but Saudia Arabia is a bit of a long drive for me. :)

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021F150 701a 3.5tt 4x4; 1990 Mustang 5.0 coupe
Vehicles in the UAE do not have the capability to receive OTA updates. They have be done by the dealer. The servers over there will only show certain updates and you will see vehicles in other countries get updates that you cannot. Send me your VIN and I can show you what I mean.
Sponsored