• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

No More Tuning (Unless you buy from a Ford Partner)

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,1965 Sunbeam Tiger (Stolen, Elk Heart Lake)
HP tuners supports the 22, find a tuner who uses the HP software,
Sponsored

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
And everyone has to remember that ford tends to be much friendlier to aftermarket tuning than a lot of oems. You won’t see en mass a crap tuner of tuning software but I’m sure roush, Whipple and FRPP are working on something. Even though the carb process is a boat load of crap, seriously they need to start streamlining aftermarket emission testing without having to build facilities like some of the aftermarket companies have had to do at great cost. It’s hard to say how hard or easy this Ecu will be to get into, but i see stand alone ecus becoming very popular with the guys that want big time power

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT
It does suck for people who like to tune. But for the vast majority of people buying a mustang they do not tune the cars. On top of that there will be no V8 camaro or dodge product to buy in stead within a few years.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
HP tuners supports the 22, find a tuner who uses the HP software,

The issue is that the ECU will report back to Ford (built in big brother) of any changes and then can be reverted back to stock. This is what Ford has been hinting at. Its going to have to be an OEM partner, I would put money on it. Ford is gonna want some licensing arrangement. Its a smart business move, unless I am missing something. This is also going to force EPA/CARB requirements. So I would imagine right off the bat, Roush, Ford Performance and Livernois. Its going to be an interesting next few years.

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
StangMode - you mean the Paralegal from NJ who decided he didn’t want to work anymore and started a bolt on YT channel, and now auctions cars … that guy…? The one that BLEW UP his GT500. …?

Folks- pick your poison carefully - that guy Geeeeeeez dream chaser …!!!

KAlexander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 CCLB Plat, 2018 GT350, 20 ZX6R, 20 ZX10R
This may be an unpopular opinion but boy howdy stangmode is like dragging my face across a bed of broken glass whenever I hear or see him.
Sponsored