• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Next-Generation Ford Infotainment System Officially Revealed

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
What @Gregs24 said.

Ford tried to implement the system for their 2022 F150s but failed miserably. They decided to equip the F150s with older infotainment systems that could not be retrofitted. Due to the fact that the Google Android Automobile system isn't already up and running, the F150 is still equipped with the 'old' sync system.

We can hope that it will be implemented with a facelift around 2025. However, depending on the timeline the new system has to be ready before the S650 facelift is signed off. Otherwise the Stang will keep Sync 4.

Toor_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 s197 v6. Awaiting 2024 s650 GT PP/NP
Does this infotainment system really fit the mustang vibe though? I personally don’t think so. This would be more fitting for a SUV

OP
OP

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I just use Android Auto anyhow, so I the factory system doesn't matter to me.
Android Auto sucks for me when it comes to playing songs downloaded onto my phone. I personally don't use it for that reason.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
How about we work on fixing the current bugs first before upgrading to a new Operating System? IMO, the hardware is there, the OS just needs more time to bake.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Most carmakers are going down the Android Automotive route now.
There are pros and cons to that. The main con is Android OS fragmentation, which, down the line, could leave the infotainment open to cyber vulnerabilities due to lack of updates/end of support. As long as auto manufacturers don't tie the entire ECM/PCM to the infotainment OS, shouldn't be too much of an issue/concern. Oh, and may lose Apple CarPlay support.

Pros, easy to root over time due to lack of updates/scheduled patches and customizable.
Sponsored