• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New Wheel Help!...Will Offset and Spacers Work?

GrabberHawk24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
So I have a set of rims I really like. The problem is I want a square setup not staggered. They offer the rim in a front 8.5" width (too narrow for my tire choice) and a rear 10" for a staggered setup. The 10" is perfect for my tire (285/35R20) yet the distributor says it's only good for the rear...with a 3mm spacer.

So if a 3mm (1/8") slide on spacer works for the back. Could and would a 1/4" slide on spacer give me enough offset for the front? Also would the stock wheel studs have enough threads? I have a base GT model so the brake size is of no issue and I run stock suspension. I guess it all depends on the thickness of the rim mounting surface and lug counter sink depth??? I have included pics of the rim and specs. My thought is with the +40mm offset and a 1/4" slide on hub-centric spacer i should be @+33mm offset and a 6.82" backspacing. Which theoretically should work...if the studs have enough length.

Maybe some one has these rims on a S650 already and could share their setup and pics. Even if they went with the staggered setup. Then I could see how they fit in the wheel well. I appreciate the input in advance.

S650 Mustang New Wheel Help!...Will Offset and Spacers Work? Screen Shot 2024-03-09 at 8.15.24 AM

S650 Mustang New Wheel Help!...Will Offset and Spacers Work? Screen Shot 2024-03-09 at 8.05.44 AM

S650 Mustang New Wheel Help!...Will Offset and Spacers Work? Screen Shot 2024-03-09 at 8.22.16 AM
Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Ford Fusion
Generally +40 offset in that size should fit front and rear, although+35 imo looks better being more flush. Not sure why these are rear only, unless there's something about the wheel shape that won't clear the non PP brakes.

I would consider these from LMR, which are designed to fit front and rear with +35 offset. Also they are flow formed construction, so probably lighter than the ones you're looking at.

https://lmr.com/item/WK-357903A/mustang-sve-r357-wheel-kit-19x10-gloss-graphite-1519

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
that shape and dish won't be a problem at all. distributors are frequently wrong. Confirm their return policy and/or order just 1 to do a test fit if you're scared.

OP
OP
GrabberHawk24

GrabberHawk24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Generally +40 offset in that size should fit front and rear, although+35 imo looks better being more flush. Not sure why these are rear only, unless there's something about the wheel shape that won't clear the non PP brakes.

I would consider these from LMR, which are designed to fit front and rear with +35 offset. Also they are flow formed construction, so probably lighter than the ones you're looking at.

https://lmr.com/item/WK-357903A/mustang-sve-r357-wheel-kit-19x10-gloss-graphite-1519
I appreciate the info. I really like them but, I requested LMR email me pics of them. They are really dark gray vs the Downforce which is a more silver/gray. Thank you for the suggestion though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GrabberHawk24

GrabberHawk24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
that shape and dish won't be a problem at all. distributors are frequently wrong. Confirm their return policy and/or order just 1 to do a test fit if you're scared.
Thanks for the suggestion, I thought about that as well. It may just be my next step.
Sponsored