• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

NEW Gen 6 3.0L Whipple Supercharger for the 2024 Mustang!

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2003 Cobra Yote Swapped, Braptor!
The kings of supercharger innovation are at it again with their new Gen 6 3.0L for the new S650 2024 Mustang GT and Dark Horse.
Here’s what we know so far:
All New, High-Efficiency 120mm Rotors,
All new Bearing Plate
Changes to Housing
Dual Air Boxes & Dual Filters mated to a single Throttle Body
Stage 1 Kit uses a 92mm Throttle Body
Stage 2 Kit uses a 112mm Throttle Body
50 State Legal Calibration!
STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFORMATION COMING SOON!

S650 Mustang NEW Gen 6 3.0L Whipple Supercharger for the 2024 Mustang! _nc_ohc=yeuo9Nge8d4AX_-Zrx6&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1
Sponsored

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
hmmm, This looks like it won't be able to make use of the dual air boxes either. I wonder why not.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
I wonder why they didn’t just bust the 3.8 out at the gate 🤷🏼‍♂️
if there is only a 3.0 people will just buy the 3.0.... then they can get more money buy selling an upgrade kit to those people 18 month later.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
hmmm, This looks like it won't be able to make use of the dual air boxes either. I wonder why not.
A lot harder to engineer a blower with dual throttle bodies. Plus, the entire plenum is removed and replaced by the blower. Intake air is compressed as evenly as possible by the blower anyway and sent down the integrated runners. So no real point in dual TBs anyway.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The system will still utilize dual air boxes and filters but will merge to a single throttle body.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if there is only a 3.0 people will just buy the 3.0.... then they can get more money buy selling an upgrade kit to those people 18 month later.
Most people don't need a 3.8L. I've made over 1100rwhp on a Gen 3 car with a non ported pre-production 3.0l with the 132mm TB and went 8.64@157 with it. The 3.8L is a competition blower and meant for all out race setups making north of 1100rwhp. It won't be as effective to run the 3.8L on a stock Gen 4 motor for a few reasons. The 3.8L will make more power than the gen 4 will be able to support with stock internals. It won't be as efficient as the 3.0L for those making less than 1100rwhp and then the biggest issue is that with the new PCM's on the Gen 4 S650 no one will be able to tune with alternative fuel types, larger injectors and aftermarket fuel systems.

Hope that helps.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Didn't it say: single throttle body for twin intakes? Which raises the question: go H or X pipe before the throttle body?

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Didn't it say: single throttle body for twin intakes? Which raises the question: go H or X pipe before the throttle body?
Double HH Intake just like our Double HH pipe from Corsa. lol

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Most people don't need a 3.8L. I've made over 1100rwhp on a Gen 3 car with a non ported pre-production 3.0l with the 132mm TB and went 8.64@157 with it. The 3.8L is a competition blower and meant for all out race setups making north of 1100rwhp. It won't be as effective to run the 3.8L on a stock Gen 4 motor for a few reasons. The 3.8L will make more power than the gen 4 will be able to support with stock internals. It won't be as efficient as the 3.0L for those making less than 1100rwhp and then the biggest issue is that with the new PCM's on the Gen 4 S650 no one will be able to tune with alternative fuel types, larger injectors and aftermarket fuel systems.

Hope that helps.
Speaking of the ecu…what’s this going happen for those that want to run headers or a built motor?

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Speaking of the ecu…what’s this going happen for those that want to run headers or a built motor?
Right now it doesn't look like there will be support for extreme combos for built motors, aftermarket fuel systems, larger injectors as well as different fuel types. With that said I run the Whipple cal on our 21 F150 that's a 50 state legal cal. Although Whipple will not tune for headers or make any changes for lets say an aftermarket converter we're still running both of those on our truck and it runs great. Yes there's a CEL light for the headers but otherwise the truck with their calibration works really well and I went 10's with it.

Only time will tell. We will update everyone with more info on the Whipple system and other mods for the 2024+ as we get them.

Thanks!

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Right now it doesn't look like there will be support for extreme combos for built motors, aftermarket fuel systems, larger injectors as well as different fuel types. With that said I run the Whipple cal on our 21 F150 that's a 50 state legal cal. Although Whipple will not tune for headers or make any changes for lets say an aftermarket converter we're still running both of those on our truck and it runs great. Yes there's a CEL light for the headers but otherwise the truck with their calibration works really well and I went 10's with it.

Only time will tell. We will update everyone with more info on the Whipple system and other mods for the 2024+ as we get them.

Thanks!
Damn, well that's bullshit. These cars will account for a decent amount of future work for shops across the nation (if not the world). So it's sad to see Ford pull this. I understand it from a legal, emissions, and warranty perspective, but it's still bullshit.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Yes, it’s really going to hurt the aftermarket 🥴

As tempting as this car is…it’s going to constantly get gapped by the 550 platform 😔

Last edited:

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si

Thanks!
Not sure how it works with the '21 F-150, but with Whipple being an "approved" vendor to develop a cal for the locked ECU, does that mean warranty stays intact? Or is there an overriding warranty on the engine like Roush has? Not necessarily a deal breaker - just a curiosity.
Sponsored