• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New Dash

GKman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
The new dash is very hi- tech. Based, I believe on the Unreal Engine, which has been around a long long time. That said, what is the expected reliability of the displays ? Think its worth it to get an extended warranty mostly for the electronics?
Sponsored

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Just as an FYI, when you buy an extended warranty, it starts that day. So for example, a 6 year extended warranty on a new mustang will overlap the existing 3 year bumper to bumper for half its time, and basically be a waste of money. You're better off waiting until that last month of coverage

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
right, it counts from the day the vehicle is put into service (the day delivery is taken off the dealer lot). There is wisdom until waiting until the last month of existing 3 yr/36,000 mile coverage. Because by then you might have decided to move on, and you would only be refunded a portion of the cost paid on an extended warranty if anything at all. Got burned on this with a previous vehicle.

That being said, I'm probably still going to Granger and getting an extended warranty especially because electronics. Some lessons I just never learn

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Electronics have only improved in reliability over the years. Automotive chip architecture uses approx. 45nm size chips which have been produced for over a decade.

That said, my Explorer rocking Sync 2 is starting to struggle after over 10 years. If you're expecting an electronics failure in the first 5-6 years I wouldn't get a warranty. If longer, then sure.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Just as an FYI, when you buy an extended warranty, it starts that day. So for example, a 6 year extended warranty on a new mustang will overlap the existing 3 year bumper to bumper for half its time, and basically be a waste of money. You're better off waiting until that last month of coverage
The mega pro life tip I never knew I needed ty bro

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue 301A, PP2, Active Exhaust, Recaro's
Yeah, when I got my 23 M1 from Granger I did the ESP right away. I did verify that if you wait until just before the 36month/36k miles are up it seems to be about the same price. Just don't forget to buy it you plan to keep the car. Granger prices on ESP are fantastic.
Sponsored