• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

My Mustang Question

packfan021488

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Shadow Black GT PP
I'm sure there are threads about this already so I apologize for the duplicate thread but as far as I know it's not possible to completly mix and match drive/suspension/steering in the my mustang mode. is this correct ? by that I mean when I select custom mode then select Sport mode, all the other options are only available in sport (suspension and steering). Only thing I've been able to change is the active exhaust and cluster screen. If so this is a wasted opportunity from Ford and should be addressed in futer OTA updates
Sponsored

Mustang6924

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe GT, 2024 Mustang GT Premium
Yes you can. In my mustang set up a custom mode to your liking. Then using the mode toggle on the steering wheel go 1 up from normal mode. That's it.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
when I select custom mode then select Sport mode,
I haven't studied all the permutations, but I would reverse your process.

If in your custom mode, "MyMode", and you then select one of the factory modes, you'll do just what you said: have a menu which reflects options only within that factory mode.

I'd set a custom mode, toggle to and stay within. While it might not have all the options you're looking for, it's the closest to what anyone can accomplish for personalization.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
Yes you can. In my mustang set up a custom mode to your liking. Then using the mode toggle on the steering wheel go 1 up from normal mode. That's it.
I think what OP is saying is that if you are dialing in a custom mode you can't have normal drive with sport suspension for example.

OP
OP

packfan021488

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Shadow Black GT PP
if I wanted the following: drive mode- Sport, suspension-comfort, steering-comfort, exhuast-track and Guages normal this as far as I know if not possible which is very annoying

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if I wanted the following: drive mode- Sport, suspension-comfort, steering-comfort, exhuast-track and Guages normal this as far as I know if not possible which is very annoying
Correct, drive mode and suspension mode can not be separately assigned, steering and exhaust you can play with. It is irritating

Hymons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang V6 Premium w/ Pony Package
In my S550, (given I have an A10), I just pull the shifter down to S. I can still have normal suspension, comfort steering, as well as track exhaust, and the throttle response is that of Sport mode.

I believe if you have magneride and you switch the driving mode to anything but normal or wet/snow, it will always set steering feel to sport and suspension to match the mode. I can only adjust the exhaust when toggled to those modes.

*Edit: Just to add, this is how I saved my "My Mode":

Driving mode: Normal
Suspension: Normal
Steering mode: Comfort
Exhaust mode: Track

This let's me toggle once for my custom "my mode" and then if I want sport throttle response from there I move the shifter from D to S.

Last edited:

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In my S550, (given I have an A10), I just pull the shifter down to S. I can still have normal suspension, comfort steering, as well as track exhaust, and the throttle response is that of Sport mode.

I believe if you have magneride and you switch the driving mode to anything but normal or wet/snow, it will always set steering feel to sport and suspension to match the mode. I can only adjust the exhaust when toggled to those modes.

*Edit: Just to add, this is how I saved my "My Mode":

Driving mode: Normal
Steering mode: Comfort
Exhaust mode: Track

This let's me toggle once for my custom "my mode" and then if I want sport throttle response from there I move the shifter from D to S.
We don't have S mode on the 10R80 in 24, we have M. One thing I really miss from my S550, when in S it would automatically shift until you hit the paddles. When you're in M in this one you have to use paddles to shift no matter what drive mode you're in.

Hymons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We don't have S mode on the 10R80 in 24, we have M. One thing I really miss from my S550, when in S it would automatically shift until you hit the paddles. When you're in M in this one you have to use paddles to shift no matter what drive mode you're in.
Ahhh, I didn't realize that was different. Yeah, hmm.. so would you all be forced to manually shift to be able to have the setup OP wants?

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
Have an Ecoboost and if I choose Sport Mode then I have ZERO steering options other than SPORT steeringā€¦.In my S550 I can choose whatever steering mode I want in SPORT mode.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ahhh, I didn't realize that was different. Yeah, hmm.. so would you all be forced to manually shift to be able to have the setup OP wants?
I was thinking OP wanted different drive modes to be independent of suspension modes, steering and exhaust can be changed with each mode

Hymons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking OP wanted different drive modes to be independent of suspension modes, steering and exhaust can be changed with each mode
From what I can see, they were asking for:

Drive Mode: Sport
Suspension: Comfort
Steering: Comfort
Exhaust: Track

Like I mentioned earlier I currently have my "my mode" set to:

Drive Mode: Normal

And the only way to have Sport as a Drive mode AND keep the suspension and steering in normal and comfort, is to shift into S while in my "My Mode".

Now when I switch to S and have it display the current settings for "my mode" it displays:

Drive Mode: Sport

I tested this a bit ago and I can then save that as my "my mode" and even though the shifter is in D it will drive, like it's in S when I toggle to My Mode.

However I like the option to swap between them, so I leave it in Normal and use the trans to bump up the throttle response with S if I want to keep a smooth ride.

Being that the 2024 doesn't have S, I'm not sure if you could set up a custom mode starting in Normal Drive Mode (this should default to normal suspension I would assume), with Comfort steering, and track exhaust and then with M selected on the trans, and try to save it as setting?

I'm unaware of the differences for the S650, but just trying to kick some ideas out there. I figure that finding a good, easily selectable way to hop in and go makes the driving experience more enjoyable.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which is exactly what I said, they want to change drive mode and suspension mode independent of each other which canā€™t be done in the S650. I fully understand the modes selections for the S550 because I still have my 2020 GT PP. Apples to oranges man, theyā€™re not the same. If somebody that owns a S650 could chime in with a real solution for OP that Iā€™m not aware of that would be great. Maybe itā€™ll come in the form of a OTA update.

Hymons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which is exactly what I said, they want to change drive mode and suspension mode independent of each other which canā€™t be done in the S650. I fully understand the modes selections for the S550 because I still have my 2020 GT PP. Apples to oranges man, theyā€™re not the same. If somebody that owns a S650 could chime in with a real solution for OP that Iā€™m not aware of that would be great. Maybe itā€™ll come in the form of a OTA update.
Pretty sure we're on the same page on what OP wants to do. And as far as fruit goes, aside from the one example that OP said they wanted... you weren't even able to individually select those settings on a MagneRide S550 either, so they are still the same in that aspect.

The main reason I suggested what I did, is because it's literally the only instance where OP's example is possible on the S550. So I was hoping it would be the same for the new model. Outside of that, it seems it isn't possible due to how the steering and everything else is set up in conjunction with the MagneRide dampers.

To be fair, if it were possible I'd actually want to set mine up like this:

Drive mode: Track (I like the linear throttle)

But I have to settle for what I had listed in my previous post. It kind of sucks that it's not even an option on the S650 though.
Sponsored