• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

My new Mustang

OP
OP

Gary M. Palmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mazda CX-5
Mr. Palmer,
Congrats on your new S650. You stated you ordered and installed the covers for the holes in the wheel wells. Just wondering if you could send a link or tell us where we can also aquire them. I will greatly appreciate it. I have the Dark Horse and like everyone else have the same problem. Thanks much and enjoy your Car.
I believe they are from DIYvans. The kit costs $94.00. You get everything you need.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
In 2006, I drag raced my foxbody vs. a Pontiac TransAm WS6 t-top. Between the 2-3 shift, the WS6 passenger side t-top glass flew up and away from the car; crashing spectacularly on the roadside. I remember it like it was yesterday because it was so odd.
WS6 driver probalby didn't latch it down. A buddy of mine did that with his Corvette many moons ago. Forgot to latch BOTH down ... subsequently lost both.

OP
OP

Gary M. Palmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mazda CX-5
What kind of paint issues do you have?
Just a couple of blemishes to the right of the driver's door. It had two scratches when picked up from the dealer. It was toward evening, and I didn't notice them. It's not worth me having the dealer repaint them. You have to really be looking close to notice them but of course I see them.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
WS6 driver probalby didn't latch it down. A buddy of mine did that with his Corvette many moons ago. Forgot to latch BOTH down ... subsequently lost both.
Recall

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Vapor Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Gt
Just a couple of blemishes to the right of the driver's door. It had two scratches when picked up from the dealer. It was toward evening, and I didn't notice them. It's not worth me having the dealer repaint them. You have to really be looking close to notice them but of course I see them.
Yeah unless it’s something serious. Sometimes it’s better to just leave it alone.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The WS6? I'll take your word. My buddy? Nope, his stupidity.
While not dismissing user error there have been some recalls for the embarrassment. Didn’t mean to imply ws6 related. Was intending the separation anxiety as the issue.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

GT-24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized Grey,401A,Active Exhaust, Brembo,Auto
I have been following the wheel well issue since @TUnica described it. I plan to fix it as well with the kit that @heinvs made when I get my GT (~April). So far I have not heard of ANY traction with Ford on the issue. I have tried with the rep that follows this forum. He blew me off. I plan to take it up with my dealership Service Manager soon.
DCS:
Congratulations on finally getting your baby. I have been following your adventure for a while. I found mine on a lot, while discussing the vehicle with the salesman, I asked him hid he had any knowledge about the holes. Of course the answer was no, no manager type in the business had heard about this issue. We agreed upon a deal, in the process I stated I had the tape, knife, and cleaner to clean and cover the area of the holes with me. The service manager asked when I was going to fix the holes, my answer was, before I drive the vehicle off the lot. That put a great concern In management because of the liability, with me under the car while it was on their lift rack. Short story I was allowed to tape the hole, using their lift rack, project completed in less than 30 minutes. Possible you may ask to cover your wheel well holes before you drive your new baby off the lot. Congratulations again.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
DCS:
Congratulations on finally getting your baby. I have been following your adventure for a while. I found mine on a lot, while discussing the vehicle with the salesman, I asked him hid he had any knowledge about the holes. Of course the answer was no, no manager type in the business had heard about this issue. We agreed upon a deal, in the process I stated I had the tape, knife, and cleaner to clean and cover the area of the holes with me. The service manager asked when I was going to fix the holes, my answer was, before I drive the vehicle off the lot. That put a great concern In management because of the liability, with me under the car while it was on their lift rack. Short story I was allowed to tape the hole, using their lift rack, project completed in less than 30 minutes. Possible you may ask to cover your wheel well holes before you drive your new baby off the lot. Congratulations again.
I was under the assumption that one could cover the holes with tape without the car being put up on a lift? I'm pretty sure others have taped the holes at their dealership in the parking lot as a temporary fix (this is my plan as my car is coming in any day now).

Curious as to what tape and cleaner you used?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was under the assumption that one could cover the holes with tape without the car being put up on a lift? I'm pretty sure others have taped the holes at their dealership in the parking lot as a temporary fix (this is my plan as my car is coming in any day now).

Curious as to what tape and cleaner you used?
Probably something about laying on the ground vs standing tall while apply a fix.
Sponsored