• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

My new Mustang

Gary M. Palmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mazda CX-5
Good morning,

I've been reading a lot about the issues with this new model and am wondering about all the previous years of the Mustang. I'm quite sure that with each new model year that there have been problems. Was there any new year Mustangs that didn't have recalls and many of the problems that have been reported on this forum?

I love this car and can overlook a couple paint issues that I have. They are minor to me, and I really don't want the dealer to repair them. I have ordered the wheel well hole covers and have installed them. Ford probably won't address this issue, so we need to take care of this ourselves.

I do enjoy this forum and it is very helpful to most all of us here that have purchased this new model. Thank you all for your input and information.
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
Good morning,

I've been reading a lot about the issues with this new model and am wondering about all the previous years of the Mustang. I'm quite sure that with each new model year that there have been problems. Was there any new year Mustangs that didn't have recalls and many of the problems that have been reported on this forum?

I love this car and can overlook a couple paint issues that I have. They are minor to me, and I really don't want the dealer to repair them. I have ordered the wheel well hole covers and have installed them. Ford probably won't address this issue, so we need to take care of this ourselves.

I do enjoy this forum and it is very helpful to most all of us here that have purchased this new model. Thank you all for your input and information.
Congrats! It's a blast to drive.

I thought that I read somewhere that this has been addressed.
I haven't read any official response form Ford on the holes, do you have a link. My dealer said he would call if there was any response and so far nothing.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I haven't read any official response form Ford on the holes, do you have a link. My dealer said he would call if there was any response and so far nothing.
Sorry, I don't. I was watching a ton of videos over the past few days and it was discussed in one of them.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Right now Ford is the industry leader in sales recalls. At Ford, quality is job one none.

Sad but true. The quality was starting to decrease but the pandemic and supply chain woes were the nail in the coffin for the company. They seriously need to work on getting decent quality back in their products.

The mustang has suffered some of those poor quality issues but luckily nothing as laughable as F-150 seatbelt tensioners causing a fire or parked Explorers rolling away due to a faulty part causing the driveshaft to disconnect.

OP just enjoy your car. If you get nervous over a recall have the work done to get it resolved. That's all you can really do. The cars have been causing some new owners problems but they are relatively minor so far. I'm sure you will keep your ride in good shape and get lots of miles (and smiles) out of it.

Vapor Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Gt
Good morning,

What kind of paint issues do you have?

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Good morning,

Like learning to adapt and maintain the fixtures and move on! Good point and that’s what I do most of the time, and Ford business and factory should know better to fix the issue regardless !

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Good morning,

I have been following the wheel well issue since @TUnica described it. I plan to fix it as well with the kit that @heinvs made when I get my GT (~April). So far I have not heard of ANY traction with Ford on the issue. I have tried with the rep that follows this forum. He blew me off. I plan to take it up with my dealership Service Manager soon.

Vapor Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Gt
I have been following the wheel well issue since @TUnica described it. I plan to fix it as well with the kit that @heinvs made when I get my GT (~April). So far I have not heard of ANY traction with Ford on the issue. I have tried with the rep that follows this forum. He blew me off. I plan to take it up with my dealership Service Manager soon.
Yeah the rep that follows this forum has no info on anything. About as useless as the ford chat.

Reactions: DCS

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Yeah the rep that follows this forum has no info on anything. About as useless as the ford chat.
Opportunity for training. (Not implying anything other than perfect opportunity to help them better the service - direct feedback - careful now this here is the wild (world) wild (wide) west (web) - is invaluable, how it’s sliced diced analyzed and improved is what demonstrates the value attributed to the function.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Right now Ford is the industry leader …
At Ford, quality is job…

…nothing as laughable as …
having the roof separate and fly away at speed (oh wait that was a jewel of a competitor) sorry you were saying

OP just enjoy your car. If you get nervous over a recall have the work done to get it resolved. That's all you can really do. The cars have been causing some new owners problems but they are relatively minor so far. I'm sure you will keep your ride in good shape and get lots of miles (and smiles) out of it.

Logan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT
Mr. Palmer,
Congrats on your new S650. You stated you ordered and installed the covers for the holes in the wheel wells. Just wondering if you could send a link or tell us where we can also aquire them. I will greatly appreciate it. I have the Dark Horse and like everyone else have the same problem. Thanks much and enjoy your Car.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT

Sf22giants

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
having the roof separate and fly away at speed (oh wait that was a jewel of a competitor) sorry you were saying
In 2006, I drag raced my foxbody vs. a Pontiac TransAm WS6 t-top. Between the 2-3 shift, the WS6 passenger side t-top glass flew up and away from the car; crashing spectacularly on the roadside. I remember it like it was yesterday because it was so odd.

I'm sure you're referencing something else but I agree with your overall point: nothing is perfect and Ford isn't the only company with quality issues from time to time.
Sponsored