• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

My car is on the way!! But…..

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
S650 Mustang My car is on the way!! But….. IMG_1870

driving home today a 20 year old attempted to turn into a shopping plaza Instead of waiting for me to drive past her first. I hit the brakes and cut the wheel to the right but I could avoid her. 100% her fault so insurance isn’t an issue. But….my car is literally coming through Ohio on its way to me. I’m scared what this will do to my trade in value even with a perfect repair job.

S650 Mustang My car is on the way!! But….. IMG_1872
Sponsored

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
IMG_1870.jpeg

driving home today a 20 year old attempted to turn into a shopping plaza Instead of waiting for me to drive past her first. I hit the brakes and cut the wheel to the right but I could avoid her. 100% her fault so insurance isn’t an issue. But….my car is literally coming through Ohio on its way to me. I’m scared what this will do to my trade in value even with a perfect repair job.

IMG_1872.jpeg
Well at least you are OK.
Your trade-in value not so much. Not to mention the time its going to take to get it repaired.

Talk to your insurance, and make sure to see if you qualify for diminished value claim and to make up for the lower trade-in value.

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
That suck's BIG TIME!

Three things come to mind.

First, the bright side. At least it wasn't your brand new 2024 Mustang!

Second, you would be surprised how superficial the damage looks, it might be totaled. It happened to me once.

Third, if totaled, the cash settlement would be an additional down payment on the new car and might even exceed the trade in value.

Best of luck!

aac959226

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
You’re fine bro. Back in 2019, my 18gt got t boned and I thought it was a total loss… insurance fixed it right up and got it looking good as new. I traded in my car in 2020 and was able to get top dollar. Never mentioned it was in a crash since dealership never even asked lol. Just get it fixed and you’ll be good. Unless your dealer finds this post then even maybe you won’t be good LOL
I was shattered when my baby got hit too so I know scar you’re feeling.. you’ll be good tho bro don’t stress it.

OP
OP
Jrws1014

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any idea what it will do to your trade value?

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Holy s**t. Man I cant imagine what you are feeling right now. Best wishes and prayers to you man.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
It's hard to tell but it looks like the hood and front section are the only ones damaged. The left fender might be undamaged. It's possible a bracket might need replacement but it could be just bolting on two parts and matching the paint. Have a body shop take a look at it before or while the insurance company looks at it. Ford will use original parts whenever possible but some of the body shops might use cheap imported parts. The more factory original it is, the less likely you will get much of a ding in the trade value.
Fortunately the hit wasn't hard enough to knock the body out of square so it's just a matter of cosmetics.

OP
OP
Jrws1014

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was just given that information. Going to do that!
There will definitely be an impact to trade in value as the accident/repair will be reported on the carfax.

OP needs to file a diminished value claim.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
Bad timing, at least nobody was hurt, hopefully you won't get screwed with your trade in. I think I'll leave mine in the garage until I get my hands on my new on early next year.

OP
OP
Jrws1014

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bad timing, at least nobody was hurt, hopefully you won't get screwed with your trade in. I think I'll leave mine in the garage until I get my hands on my new on early next year.
Lost 7k in trade value. My dealer got the leverage the minute it happened. I wasn’t upside down in my trade when I started the process and it was my biggest bargaining tool. As soon as it happened I lost ever but of ability to haggle the final price with.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
Best of luck with it.

OP
OP
Jrws1014

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score