• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
I have had my '24 GT w/ PP, AE, 301A in Atlas Blue for 5 days now, and I have got to say I absolutely love it! I have racked up 657 miles on the odometer so far. It is incredibly responsive, the looks are amazing, it sounds amazing, drives amazing, it is amazing. I am coming from a 2015 Mustang GT with the 6spd auto to the new 10spd auto, and it is a whole different experience! the new dash is surprisingly good, not in the way as much as I had expected it to be, I have had a few digital glitches with the Sync 4, they have all resolved themselves though. I can honestly say that I am enjoying every aspect of the car more than I had anticipated, I didn't know that was possible! The exterior of the car is sleek with all of the right curves to make it stand out, even from the Camaro as people like to compare them. I am very pleased with the PP tire and wheels, I'm not sure why i expected the tires to not be great from the factory as summer tires, but they definitely hold their own, i hear little rocks being flung when they are hot and im going slow. I have yet to break the tires free from a dead stop or even a low-speed mashing of the gas.

Tomorrow i will being getting the windows tinted and soon i will be doing a resonator delete, to do a mid H pipe. There will be more mods as we go along.

Only negatives I have so far been as follows.

1- The front splitter/lip got damaged slightly when they were offloading it from the truck, i showed my dealer and they said it isn't something that'd be easy to get in, so they trimmed the little bit of plastic that was showing torn, and now it is barely noticeable.
2- The back left Red Brembo had a rock chip in the paint, noticed it right after i got the car home on my thorough look through. Dealer is going to touch it up next Wednesday, it is not large, just enough to stand out.
3- A clear coat burn right under the fuel fill lid. I work in a Honda Mfg plant, specifically the paint shop for the last 4 years so i have a keen eye for imperfections. When you scuff clearcoat, you have to polish the scuff to smooth it back out but if you don't use enough polish or you don't move the polisher around enough, you can burn into/through the clearcoat. It is very easy to see that there is a nickel sized spot 3 inches under my fuel lid where they scuffed and polished but burnt the clear coat in the process. The dealer is going to have their go to paint guy wet sand with 5,000 grit and then polish it to see if it comes out or gets worse, if it worsens, it'll require that section of the panel to be repainted, all on their dime of course.
4- A small dent under the passenger side rear quarter window. It is hard to see the dent unless the lighting hits it just right, but it is there, this is also something they are going to look at. 2, 3, and 4 are all being looked at/repaired next Wednesday by my dealer at no charge to me thankfully.
Sponsored

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
1- The front splitter/lip got damaged slightly when they were offloading it from the truck, i showed my dealer and they said it isn't something that'd be easy to get in, so they trimmed the little bit of plastic that was showing torn, and now it is barely noticeable.
that nearly happened to the mustang my dealer got yesterday, the transporter driver nearly scraped the splitter when the suspension compressed. your dealer is also being kinda truthful about replacing the splitter, as doing so involves removing the front bumper. if you're interested in fixing it yourself, here's the part numbers for the splitter. Without performance pack: PR3Z-17D957-AA, With performance pack: PR3Z-17D957-CA. parts cost around low $300 range

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
that nearly happened to the mustang my dealer got yesterday, the transporter driver nearly scraped the splitter when the suspension compressed. your dealer is also being kinda truthful about replacing the splitter, as doing so involves removing the front bumper. if you're interested in fixing it yourself, here's the part numbers for the splitter. Without performance pack: PR3Z-17D957-AA, With performance pack: PR3Z-17D957-CA. parts cost around low $300 range
I am already looking at the RTR splitter as a replacement, but like i said it is kind of hard to notice with a quick glance, not sweating that too bad. I'm just hoping the clear coat isn't burned so i don't have to risk paint match issues when they have to repaint the rear panel.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
I am already looking at the RTR splitter as a replacement, but like i said it is kind of hard to notice with a quick glance, not sweating that too bad. I'm just hoping the clear coat isn't burned so i don't have to risk paint match issues when they have to repaint the rear panel.
i'm hoping you don't have to paint match it. one of the guys at my work was telling me about how his wife's Explorer in Stone Blue got hit by something, and to paint match that color they had to repaint nearly half of the vehicle to get a good color blend. metallic colors are beautiful but are so painful to fix if damaged

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i'm hoping you don't have to paint match it. one of the guys at my work was telling me about how his wife's Explorer in Stone Blue got hit by something, and to paint match that color they had to repaint nearly half of the vehicle to get a good color blend. metallic colors are beautiful but are so painful to fix if damaged
fingers crossed! I will be sure to update this thread with the outcome next week.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
1 and 2 are borderline with me. Easy fixes so, ok. The splitter needs to be replaced. I'd demand it. None of this half ass trimming damage to your BRAND NEW vehicle not caused by you.

3 and 4 would likely make me refuse delivery.

I have dealt with that kinda BS in the past with new deliveries. My Timberline had paint defects that I did not see till two hrs after I picked it up. Defects that needed total repaint of the driver side fender and blending the driver door. They wouldn't give me a different one because that one was signed for. While being fixed, they broke a part in the driver door handle assembly, and it was on a month back order. Yeah, new vehicle in the body shop for a month. The thought of having dealer painted panels on a new factory painted vehicle does not set well with me either.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
I have had my '24 GT w/ PP, AE, 301A in Atlas Blue for 5 days now, and I have got to say I absolutely love it! I have racked up 657 miles on the odometer so far. It is incredibly responsive, the looks are amazing, it sounds amazing, drives amazing, it is amazing. I am coming from a 2015 Mustang GT with the 6spd auto to the new 10spd auto, and it is a whole different experience! the new dash is surprisingly good, not in the way as much as I had expected it to be, I have had a few digital glitches with the Sync 4, they have all resolved themselves though. I can honestly say that I am enjoying every aspect of the car more than I had anticipated, I didn't know that was possible! The exterior of the car is sleek with all of the right curves to make it stand out, even from the Camaro as people like to compare them. I am very pleased with the PP tire and wheels, I'm not sure why i expected the tires to not be great from the factory as summer tires, but they definitely hold their own, i hear little rocks being flung when they are hot and im going slow. I have yet to break the tires free from a dead stop or even a low-speed mashing of the gas.

Tomorrow i will being getting the windows tinted and soon i will be doing a resonator delete, to do a mid H pipe. There will be more mods as we go along.

Only negatives I have so far been as follows.

2- The back left Red Brembo had a rock chip in the paint, noticed it right after i got the car home on my thorough look through. Dealer is going to touch it up next Wednesday, it is not large, just enough to stand out.
3- A clear coat burn right under the fuel fill lid. I work in a Honda Mfg plant, specifically the paint shop for the last 4 years so i have a keen eye for imperfections. When you scuff clearcoat, you have to polish the scuff to smooth it back out but if you don't use enough polish or you don't move the polisher around enough, you can burn into/through the clearcoat. It is very easy to see that there is a nickel sized spot 3 inches under my fuel lid where they scuffed and polished but burnt the clear coat in the process. The dealer is going to have their go to paint guy wet sand with 5,000 grit and then polish it to see if it comes out or gets worse, if it worsens, it'll require that section of the panel to be repainted, all on their dime of course.
4- A small dent under the passenger side rear quarter window. It is hard to see the dent unless the lighting hits it just right, but it is there, this is also something they are going to look at. 2, 3, and 4 are all being looked at/repaired next Wednesday by my dealer at no charge to me thankfully.
I would fight and insist to get the front splitter/lip done as it was intially installed. It is not your fault and I don't care if it ain't that easy to repair like your dealer said. That is their problem!

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would fight and insist to get the front splitter/lip done as it was intially installed. It is not your fault and I don't care if it ain't that easy to repair like your dealer said. That is their problem!
Unfortunately my salesguy wasn't there that day, I was just working with the other managers, but when I go in next Wednesday I'm going to bring it up to him again and ask to have one ordered.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Unfortunately my salesguy wasn't there that day, I was just working with the other managers, but when I go in next Wednesday I'm going to bring it up to him again and ask to have one ordered.
Sales guy was probably hiding. All dealerships want you to sign and get out and deal with you after they get their money. You should have delayed the purchase and got it fixed, thats when you have all the leverage.

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sales guy was probably hiding. All dealerships want you to sign and get out and deal with you after they get their money. You should have delayed the purchase and got it fixed, thats when you have all the leverage.
My sales guy is a good friend of a good friend and has done me solid all the way through so far. He was at a ford event that day at a local car exhibit. I trust he will give me a straighter answer

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maggie, beautiful ´15 Cyclone Mustang 51A Magnetic
I’d probably ask if instead, they can get you that RTR lip at a discount (when avail), and install it for free ?!