• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Ford Continues Its Sales Momentum as America’s No. 1 Brand, Truck and Truck Manufacturer Through Second Quarter | Ford Media Center
  • Ford is America’s No. 1 brand for six consecutive months this year on strength of pickups, vans, commercial vehicles and new Escape
  • F-Series is America’s No. 1 truck with Q2 sales up 34.0 percent; first half sales of F-Series up 27.9 percent – widening its lead over Silverado by over 118,000 trucks
  • Ford electric vehicle sales continue to grow; Mustang Mach-E sales pace quickened at the end of Q2 with sales in June up 110 percent vs. last June
  • Total Ford truck sales accelerated in Q2 – up 26.2 percent and making Ford America’s No. 1 selling truck manufacturer this year, outselling GM’s combined truck and van sales by 61,000 trucks
  • Ford outsells all of GM in total pickup sales in Q2 with F-Series, Ranger and Maverick sales of 246,155
  • As America’s No. 1 van, Transit van sales were up 30.1 percent, also, E-Series climbed 63.7 percent
Dearborn, Mich., July 6, 2023 – Ford was America’s best-selling brand in the second quarter on the strength of its trucks, electric vehicles and new vehicle launches, posting sales gains of 11.2 percent for the quarter.

Ford is now the best-selling brand and has the best-selling truck in America for six consecutive months this year. F-Series has been the best-selling truck in America for 46 years in a row.

Ford truck sales accelerated in Q2, climbing 26.2 percent on the strength of the new Super Duty and improved inventory flow. This is the second straight quarterly gain for Ford and best Q2 sales performance since pre-Covid 2019.

Ford was the No. 1 selling truck manufacturer in Q2 and for the first half of the year. Sales climbed 26.2 percent in Q2. Through the first half of 2023, Ford’s overall truck sales totaled 549,625, up 23.1 percent and outselling GM’s trucks and vans by approximately 61,000 trucks.

Ford EV Sales Gain Momentum

Ford’s EV sales continue to grow building on the sales momentum of the F-150 Lightning and Mach-E, which achieved higher sales through stronger inventory.

“Ford achieved both best-selling brand and truck for six consecutive months this year on the strength of F-Series, vans, our new Escape and F-150 Lightning,” said Andrew Frick, vice president, sales distribution, and trucks. “Our EV sales continue to grow. Improved Mustang Mach-E inventory flow began to hit at the end of Q2 following the retooling of our plant earlier this year, which helped Mustang Mach-E sales climb 110 percent in June.”

F-150 Lightning sales were up 119 percent in Q2 over year ago and a 4.1 percent gain from Q1. F-150 Lightning continues to attract new customers to Ford with 50 percent new to the brand, based on most recent conquest data. Year-to-date, Ford EV sales rose 11.9 percent. Ford’s overall EV sales were up 35.5 percent in June.

With the launch of Ford’s all-new Super Duty pickup and chassis cabs, F-Series sales increased 34.0 percent increase in Q2 on sales of 212,516 F-Series trucks. That’s up 24.7 percent from the first quarter. F-Series total industry share hit almost 36 percent in Q2 – up almost 5 full percentage points over Q2 last year.

Through the first half of this year, F-Series remains America’s best-selling truck on sales of 382,893 trucks – outselling second-place Silverado by approximately 118,000 trucks. Ford Maverick sales increased 7.8 percent in Q2 ahead of additional capacity coming online this month to meet continued strong customer demand.

Combined F-Series, Ranger and Maverick sales of 246,155 pickups outsold all of GM’s Silverado, Sierra, Colorado, Canyon and Hummer EV in Q2 of this year. Ford’s combined sales of F-Series, Ranger and Maverick were up 26.7 percent in Q2 over a year ago.

The strength of Ford’s vans continued to shine for the quarter. Transit continued as America’s best-selling van in Q2 on sales of 32,031 – up 30.1 percent, compared to year ago. Ford E-Series vans increased 63.7 percent in Q2 and are up 55.7 percent this year. Ford was No. 1 in commercial sales, based on the most recent registration data through April. Ford’s U.S. Class 1-7 commercial trucks and vans share grew to 40.3 percent, up 1.0 percentage point from the same period a year ago.

Meanwhile, Lincoln closed the quarter with sales gains thanks to improved inventory. Navigator Q2 sales increased 20.1 percent on sales of 4,688 vehicles, while sales of the new Lincoln Corsair climbed 27.0 percent in June to end the quarter. Nautilus sales also saw a 58.5 percent increase in June at the end of Q2.

BlueCruise, Ford’s driver assist technology, continues to be a hit with customers. Customer usage has now surpassed 90 million hands-free driven miles, cumulatively, a 40 percent increase since the end of Q1. Ford’s latest version of the technology, BlueCruise 1.2, allows hands-free lane changes with the tap of a turn signal and delivers a more seamless driving experience. Ford will continue to improve the BlueCruise experience for its customers and deliver it through over-the-air updates.

S650 Mustang Mustang Q2 2023 Sales / Production Results page 4
S650 Mustang Mustang Q2 2023 Sales / Production Results page 5
S650 Mustang Mustang Q2 2023 Sales / Production Results page 6
Sponsored

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
They really ramped up production in June, but still not what it was in March. I wonder what July will look like.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
They still sold GT's this year? I thought they went out of production already.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Poor EV sales... take the hint

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Ford definitely gets it right with their F-Series. Can't take that away from them.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
So 3,245 S650 were made in May & June.
It didn't look like there were that many sitting there in Rick's second video.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Waiting to see how many S650’s vs. S550’s they’ll sell.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Poor EV sales... take the hint
Are you reading the same report the rest of us are? :facepalm: Now sure why you want them to fail. If it wasn’t for them we wouldn’t have our Coyote.

Ford’s EV sales continue to grow building on the sales momentum of the F-150 Lightning and Mach-E, which achieved higher sales through stronger inventory.

“Ford achieved both best-selling brand and truck for six consecutive months this year on the strength of F-Series, vans, our new Escape and F-150 Lightning,” said Andrew Frick, vice president, sales distribution, and trucks. “Our EV sales continue to grow. Improved Mustang Mach-E inventory flow began to hit at the end of Q2 following the retooling of our plant earlier this year, which helped Mustang Mach-E sales climb 110 percent in June.”

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Don’t think it’ll last that long.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Are you reading the same report the rest of us are? :facepalm: Now sure why you want them to fail. If it wasn’t for them we wouldn’t have our Coyote.

I'm assuming @LETHAL meant they're a money pit since they only make up a tiny portion of Ford's volume, which is the case for now and will remain the case within the the forseeable future.

And it's not just Ford, but all OEMs.

That said, at face value, any growth in sales is better than none.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

Sure am...the one that shows a net loss from MY 2022 to same time MY 2023.

Seeing Mach-e sit on the lots and getting discounted off MSRP now. Seeing 2-5 used Mach-e and at many dealers.

You can sell 20 in May and sell 42 in June and claim a 110% increase in sales.

But lets be scientific...................... WHO HERE WANTS A MACH-E? (I do not hate them, honestly) but if I wanted one I'd have one.

And I do not want to see FORD fail at anything. I am a Ford man and we are a Ford family. I own stock in the company LOL. Who I do want to see fail is this ridiculous Gov''t of ours, who needs to mind their business and stop harassing the automakers with the 2035 BS!
'

PS...Gas F-150s are why we get Mustangs and keep Ford on the planet. Not less than 20k combined EV sales.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Sure am...the one that shows a net loss from MY 2022 to same time MY 2023.
You just said EV's. you did not specify Mach-E's.
S650 Mustang Mustang Q2 2023 Sales / Production Results Screenshot 2023-07-07 at 10.12.33 AM

Seeing Mach-e sit on the lots and getting discounted off MSRP now. Seeing 2-5 used Mach-e and at many dealers.
Honestly I am not surprised that you are finding used Mach-E's available. I think a lot of buyers may have found that EV's, for whatever reason, are not for them. You are also seeing some lower range Mach-E models being traded in for higher line models (that what a neighbor of mine did). So just seeing them doesn't really tell a complete story.

You can sell 20 in May and sell 42 in June and claim a 110% increase in sales.
Well, isn't that how the math works? No one is claiming that Ford is selling millions of them.

But lets be scientific...................... WHO HERE WANTS A MACH-E? (I do not hate them, honestly) but if I wanted one I'd have one.
Asking a very narrow subset of car owners this question is scientific? Do you know that there are a number of forum members that own Mach-E's and are very happy with them? I've also driven a Mach-E GT and found it to be quite pleasing. My wife wants one for her next car and we will mostly likely get one if they can get the range up a little. I'm keeping my ICE Mustang forever.

And I do not want to see FORD fail at anything. I am a Ford man and we are a Ford family. I own stock in the company LOL. Who I do want to see fail is this ridiculous Gov''t of ours, who needs to mind their business and stop harassing the automakers with the 2035 BS!
'
I'm glad you are a Ford person, but honestly as a car guy I do not want to any car manufacturer fail. And let's stop worrying about 2035. That's a long way off and nothing is set in stone yet. I think we are going to see ICE vehicles for quite some time.

PS...Gas F-150s are why we get Mustangs and keep Ford on the planet. Not less than 20k combined EV sales.
F150's are what is keeping Ford alive but EV's are keeping V8 Mustangs alive. This was acknowledged by Jim Farley himself.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
I know that most of us deslike the Mach-E , but if it wasn't for the Mach E, there would be no 7th Generation Mustang. I read this somewhere in an article.
Sponsored