• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mustang EV Coupe Concept Thread

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I honestly wouldn't complain if something like this was developed.... Follow Dodge in making a one size fits all "sedan" that can be either 2 or 4 door (hasn't been shown yet for dodge but likely will be the case) with a "hatch" for more usability. This is the only way I see the mustang living on in any meaningful way for Ford....

Specialty models/2 door variant could be more track oriented with weight/size reductions since an EV platform allows for more flexibility in terms of exterior characteristics.

2023-Ford-Mustang-4-Door-blue-Carscoops-5.jpg
A mustang sedan wouldn't be a terrible way to expand the mustang sub-brand. They just have to nail the design.

S650 Mustang Mustang EV Coupe Concept Thread Mustang-Sedan-Rendering-1024x555

OLD Texan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
A four door, called a gelding or night mare, but not a mustang
When Porsche built their sedan they certainly did not name it a Carrera or use an existing platform. It certainly looks like a Porsche but not an existing model all stretched out for four doors.
But Ford is not known for being very creative.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
A four door, called a gelding or night mare, but not a mustang
When Porsche built their sedan they certainly did not name it a Carrera or use an existing platform. It certainly looks like a Porsche but not an existing model all stretched out for four doors.
But Ford is not known for being very creative.
The issue is you're thinking of mustang as a model name, ford is thinking of it as a sub-brand. In other words, in ford's mind, mustang isn't the 911, it's Porsche. If Ford wanted to make a smaller mustang, call it the mustang stallion. If they made a mid-engine mustang, call it the mustang Cobra. As for a mustang sedan, idk, mustang falcon, or mustang galaxie doesn't sound right. Speaking of Galaxie, that would be the perfect name for its own dedicated ev enthusiasts brand imo. Cool, doesn't sound too forced, and comes across as futuristic.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
S650 Mustang Mustang EV Coupe Concept Thread {filename}

^^^^^ That is the ONLY Mustang EV I would entertain - and it would have to be built exactly like it for street use. :devil:

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...uces-all-electric-mustang-cobra-jet-1400.html

1400HP and the Iconic Mustang coupe, that's what an EV Mustang should be - no MockE BS wannabe... no rounded nose missing grille fascia... a car that looks like a car, not a bubble on wheels stripped of all visual features.

S650 Mustang Mustang EV Coupe Concept Thread 1669840518145

S650 Mustang Mustang EV Coupe Concept Thread bac0600d-6260-4330-82b5-51d0c022e794-mustang1

llinthicum1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang
The issue is you're thinking of mustang as a model name, ford is thinking of it as a sub-brand. In other words, in ford's mind, mustang isn't the 911, it's Porsche. If Ford wanted to make a smaller mustang, call it the mustang stallion. If they made a mid-engine mustang, call it the mustang Cobra. As for a mustang sedan, idk, mustang falcon, or mustang galaxie doesn't sound right. Speaking of Galaxie, that would be the perfect name for its own dedicated ev enthusiasts brand imo. Cool, doesn't sound too forced, and comes across as futuristic.
So is the Mustang 2 door/convertible a brand and a model?

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I think Tesla was making sure that people who purchase their cars would get the Federal tax credit for buying an EV. The tax credit was set up so Tesla didn't qualify at their previous prices, which was a disadvantage for Tesla in the market. Now Tesla will be more on equal footing by qualifying for the credit.
https://www.reuters.com/technology/...ons-tesla-must-unlock-ev-chargers-2023-02-10/

This article came out today on that very topic.

I've read of the credits on occasion. I'm left with the impression that, qualifying for and receiving the maximum credit allowed is not as clear-cut as one (me anyway) would think. Like the rest of the tax code. LOL.

Last edited:

GoodLuckChuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion
https://www.reuters.com/technology/...ons-tesla-must-unlock-ev-chargers-2023-02-10/

This article came out today on that very topic.

I've read of the credits on occasion. I'm left with the impression that, qualifying for and receiving the maximum credit allowed is not as clear-cut as one (me anyway) would think. Like the rest of the tax code. LOL.
Interesting read, I'm not ready for a full ev yet myself but I'm with you on the ev credits. Some parts of it are so confusing.

GoodLuckChuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion
Not sure if we'll see sedans stateside from ford in a while, really like the ideas here. Galaxie sounds premium for a near luxury ev brand. Part of me always wanted Thunderbird to come back as an ev brand. Can't have the Lightning without the Thunder(bird) lol

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT
One of my biggest problem with EV design is that the mid section of the car has to be long to fit the battery. Which is why a lot of them have a untraditional design. I think a EV coupe would be great but I do fear the overall design won`t be the classic muscle car shape.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
One of my biggest problem with EV design is that the mid section of the car has to be long to fit the battery. Which is why a lot of them have a untraditional design. I think a EV coupe would be great but I do fear the overall design won`t be the classic muscle car shape.
Long wheelbases generally look pretty good. The key to a great looking design is a long wheelbase, with short overhangs. The reason 70s land yachts look so bad is their front and rear overhangs just go on forever.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT
Long wheelbases generally look pretty good. The key to a great looking design is a long wheelbase, with short overhangs. The reason 70s land yachts look so bad is their front and rear overhangs just go on forever.
I actually disagree. I prefer the look of the current generation muscle cars with long prestige gap.

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
I want Italian sexiness mixed with american muscle.
S650 Mustang Mustang EV Coupe Concept Thread gt-modena_grigio-cangiante_cal-black_imola-diamond

S650 Mustang Mustang EV Coupe Concept Thread rd-mustang-gt-coupe-side-view-carbuzz-1038911-1600

Something like these two mixed
Sponsored