• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Low Fuel Reminder and the Fuel Guage

P2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Vapor Blue Mustang GT Premium 401A 6 Speed
I have been searching the owner's manual from front to back and cannot locate how to adjust the setting for the low fuel reminder. It is currently set at 50 miles but I would like to set it to 25. Does anyone know where in the owner's manual the steps are to do this?
Also, I have noticed that when I fill up my car the fuel gauge doesn't register all the way to the top line. It stops a couple of millimeters short like it is only registering 3/4 of the way up from the 3/4 fill line to the full line. Anyone else notice this?
Sponsored

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
I doubt if you can change that setting. Also its not a good idea to run your fuel level that low as it is harder on the fuel pump that uses fuel the help keep it cool. Once in awhile shouldn't hurt but as a continual habit not good.

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
I was once told that getting the fuel tank nearly empty helps clean out any debris

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I doubt if you can change that setting. Also its not a good idea to run your fuel level that low as it is harder on the fuel pump that uses fuel the help keep it cool. Once in awhile shouldn't hurt but as a continual habit not good.
The return fuel from the engine is dumped in a cup that surrounds the fuel pump to keep it cool even when your low on fuel. Still priming a fuel system after you run dry is interesting. My roommate once drove the car to point of sucking fumes and it took over a mile before all the air was out of the system. It's best to consider fuel when you hit a quarter tank.

OP
OP
P2

P2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone have the issue when you fill your tank the fuel gauge doesn't register all the way to the top?

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Thanks Dena it seems things have changed from my old school days.

Lou Rizzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Wildtrak
Anyone have the issue when you fill your tank the fuel gauge doesn't register all the way to the top?
I’m noticing the same thing when I fill it up it only reads halfway between full and three quarters. I remember when I first picked it up at the dealer the needle was on full.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
New time you fill up, don't let the nozzle run wide open. Set it so the tank fills a little slower. Sometime the flow from the pump is so strong that it trips the auto shutoff on the pump before the tank is full. Don't try to top off the tank once the pump stops as that might harm the smog prevention stuff.

OP
OP
P2

P2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New time you fill up, don't let the nozzle run wide open. Set it so the tank fills a little slower. Sometime the flow from the pump is so strong that it trips the auto shutoff on the pump before the tank is full. Don't try to top off the tank once the pump stops as that might harm the smog prevention stuff.
Yeah... I have tried something similar to that.... same result. I have had 2 other Mustang GT's (2015 & 2020) and neither one of them had this issue.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I’m noticing the same thing when I fill it up it only reads halfway between full and three quarters. I remember when I first picked it up at the dealer the needle was on full.
I've noticed there's an interesting 2 step process shown on the fuel door cover. Not exactly sure what it's trying to say, but looks like you need to start fueling with the nozzle halfway in for 5 seconds, then put the nozzle all the way in for fueling. I'm sure the manual has something to say about it

Lou Rizzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Wildtrak
I've noticed there's an interesting 2 step process shown on the fuel door cover. Not exactly sure what it's trying to say, but looks like you need to start fueling with the nozzle halfway in for 5 seconds, then put the nozzle all the way in for fueling. I'm sure the manual has something to say about it
Thanks I’ll give it a try in the spring.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I was wrong, just need to only put the nozzle in to the "first notch". Not sure I've ever noticed any notches on the pump before
S650 Mustang Low Fuel Reminder and the Fuel Guage 1701301964923

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
it alerts you at 50 miles, 25 miles, 10 miles, and 5 miles to empty

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
I was wrong, just need to only put the nozzle in to the "first notch". Not sure I've ever noticed any notches on the pump before
1701301964923.png
At Costco you cannot pump any gas unless the nozzle is fully inserted. I have never had a problem filling my 2011. Maybe the changed things on the MY24.
Sponsored