• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

krisk - Race Red GT UPDATE: Delivered

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
I decided to start a separate thread with my order and tracking details now that my car is en route. Once I pick it up I’ll update the title and post photos and my thoughts on the car.

2024 GT Premium - Race Red, Black Onyx, 401a, Automatic, Performance Package, Bronze Package, Magneride, Active Exhaust.

Ordered from a dealer in South Georgia.

Timeline:
6/21/23 - Order placed
6/22/23 - VIN & build week received (Originally 8/21, Moved to 8/14, then 8/17)
8/9/23 - Status “In Production”
8/17/23 - Status “Built”
8/18/23 - Status “Shipped”
8/18/23 - Car delivered to New Boston railyard by Precision Vehicle Logistics.
8/21/23 - Car departed New Boston on a CSX rail car.
8/24/23 - On rail car. Rail car scheduled to arrive in Jacksonville, FL on 8/30 at 12pm. Current delivery ETA 8/28-9/3 per dealer and 8/24-9/6 per online tracker.

Update added 9/18/23:

8/31/23 - Received a call from the dealer that the car had just shown up. (Delivered the day after Hurricane Idalia came through the area).
9/1/23 - Picked the car up

See the latest post for photos and details.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
krisk

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kind of funny I just posted the shipping status this morning, then I few hours later I get my first 45 day email. 😂

S650 Mustang krisk - Race Red GT UPDATE: Delivered IMG_3829

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Kind of funny I just posted the shipping status this morning, then I few hours later I get my first 45 day email. 😂

IMG_3829.jpeg
I just posted the same thing in the main "Built & Shipped" thread.

OP
OP
krisk

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've had the car for a little over two weeks now, and just turned 1,300 miles. Overall I am very impressed with the car. I do like the screens and the layout. Occasionally the infotainment screen takes 20-30 seconds to respond to inputs when the car first cranks up. It's not every time, but it has happened on multiple occasions. I've never had any issues with the main screen or changing the drive modes immediately, even when the infotainment screen is not responding. Hopefully the issue will be resolved with an OTA update in the near future. It's not a huge issue, but at times it can be annoying.

I was very pleased with how the car looked upon delivery. The panel gaps were all pretty good, and the paint did not have any defects of significance that I could find. I did instruct the dealer not to wash it, so I didn't have any dealer inflicted issues with the paint. I have since had paint correction and ceramic coating completed, which really turned out well.

I have some mods scheduled for this week, so I'm looking forward to seeing how they turn out.

OP
OP
krisk

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A gorgeous car! I am curious to know how the bronze contrasts the red in real life.
To me it looks great! I previously had a race red S550 with the black wheels, and I initially thought about doing to night pony package on the S650, but did not like the black roof and spoiler. I was worried about how the bronze would look, but I am so happy that I went with it over the black. The bronze is definitely on the dark side and not anywhere near gold, which was my concern before seeing it in person.

The up close picture of the wheel is a good representation of how the bronze looks in real life. Even in full sun it is not too bright of a color.

Southpaw78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Don't think I've seen the bronze package with the race red. It looks really good, enjoy! Great pics too.

Pdaddy1280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT on order
My fear of being too gold kept me from getting the bronze. The color on the Ford site looked way too gold for my taste. Mine with dark matter gray probably wouldn’t have looked as good as it does on your red car though.

OP
OP
krisk

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My fear of being too gold kept me from getting the bronze. The color on the Ford site looked way too gold for my taste. Mine with dark matter gray probably wouldn’t have looked as good as it does on your red car though.
I think the bronze package looks really good with both the race red and the black. It looks fine on the other colors I’ve seen in photos, but to me the red and black look best with it.

bweber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium, 17 V6 Convertible, 20 EB, 01 V6