• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Knock noise at startup

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I have this issue too, the car jerk forward and backward sometimes a little bit. I went to them and they said we have 2 or 3 cars have the same issue. They call me after 2 days and told me they called Ford engineer's and they said that normal and don’t do any thing or don’t try to fixing it, because of that the dealer told me they can’t do anything or try to open anything to know what is the issue.
Forwards i can almost understand but backwards is a mystery. Just to kinda try to help the troubleshooting: what angle or incline is it being parked on, simply trying to clear assumptions.
Sponsored

Fahad09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
Forwards i can almost understand but backwards is a mystery. Just to kinda try to help the troubleshooting: what angle or incline is it being parked on, simply trying to clear assumptions.
We have issues in the new mustang, the car moving like a boat, when you hit the brakes trying to stop, the car is moving forward and backwards. Because of that i thank when I start the car and knock is moving forwards, but because the suspension the car go backwards like boat.

I don’t park in any angle, not a once.

sorry my English not that good, I try to make it clear

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We have issues in the new mustang, the car moving like a boat, when you hit the brakes trying to stop, the car is moving forward and backwards.
What speed when applying brakes? How sternly are brakes pressed. Aggressive braking may result in sudden shifts

Because of that i thank when I start the car and knock is moving forwards, but because the suspension the car go backwards like boat.
Depends on how it gets locked in place what will happen upon startup and release of parking brake.

I don’t park in any angle, not a once.

sorry my English not that good, I try to make it clear
Cool, np, not everyone is lucky enough to be able to park on a perfectly flat zero degree incline deck.

Fahad09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
What speed when applying brakes? How sternly are brakes pressed. Aggressive braking may result in sudden shifts

Depends on how it gets locked in place what will happen upon startup and release of parking brake.

Cool, np, not everyone is lucky enough to be able to park on a perfectly flat zero degree incline deck.
Any speed not aggressive breaking, the normal braking to stop, when I went to the dealer the have some new mustang having the same issue because the car move a lot when the car stop.

yeah I understand when you stop any high degree will effect on the gear. I can leave the in N without any breaks and will not move

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can leave the in N without any breaks and will not move
Ok… so if you park and shutdown and leave it in N and don’t use the parking brake and restart it do you get the knock and then the movement or the movement first and then the knock?

Fahad09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
Ok… so if you park and shutdown and leave it in N and don’t use the parking brake and restart it do you get the knock and then the movement or the movement first and then the knock?
I thank You can’t start the when is it in N

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thank You can’t start the when is it in N
Must be in the prndl ? If you leave the car in neutral and don’t apply the brake is one able to freely (once the force applied to the vehicle overcomes the weight ) move it or is it locked in place?

TXGT29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
So I noticed something similar to this the other day. If I drive somewhere to run an errand, come back after a few minutes and do auto start, and I hear a "clank" sound. Seems like car lunges.

Someone on another group was saying it's normal with the transmission and it's something to lock in the car from moving forward or backwards. Not sure if thats the sound i hear. And it doesnt occur if car has been sitting for a while.

Just seems weird for car to move in park with e-brake on.

Thanks

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
I have this issue too, the car jerk forward and backward sometimes a little bit. I went to them and they said we have 2 or 3 cars have the same issue. They call me after 2 days and told me they called Ford engineer's and they said that normal and don’t do any thing or don’t try to fixing it, because of that the dealer told me they can’t do anything or try to open anything to know what is the issue.
Hi there! If you'd like, I can look into your concerns on my end. Please send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info!
Sponsored