• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Knock noise at startup

YouYes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP, 10spd
Hello everyone,

first time posting here. I was wondering if any other s650 owner has this problem. Almost everytime i start the engine, immediately after, a KNOCK noise comes from underneath the car. Not sure what is it and im kinda worried. Hope you can help.
2024 GT, 10spd
Sponsored

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
Hey there,

Hereā€™s a start up of mine. Compare it to yours, if you notice anything different, share a video / sound of your start up.

GT5000cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 Mustang GT Premium PP
Hi. looks like iā€™ve got same problem as you have. After start up, these noise and shock comes immediately from underneath the car. Wonder where itā€™s comming from and why these issues are happening. Just guessing itā€™s from the transmission and feels like it isnā€™t normal.

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
Hi. looks like iā€™ve got same problem as you have. After start up, these noise and shock comes immediately from underneath the car. Wonder where itā€™s comming from and why these issues are happening. Just guessing itā€™s from the transmission and feels like it isnā€™t normal.
Weird sound, does the car jerk forward or backward along the sound?

I used to face something similar in my old genesis, but only when i went directly from Drive or Reverse to Parking. Because the torque wasnā€™t released, and therefore when it starts it does that weird click.

Try one thing, next time you wanna park, shift to Neutral gear, release ur brake pedal, let the car settle on its own weight without brakes. Then raise the E brake, let it fully engageā€¦. And only then shift to Parking. Then switch off the car.

See if that solves the start up sound.

GT5000cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 Mustang GT Premium PP
Weird sound, does the car jerk forward or backward along the sound?

I used to face something similar in my old genesis, but only when i went directly from Drive or Reverse to Parking. Because the torque wasnā€™t released, and therefore when it starts it does that weird click.

Try one thing, next time you wanna park, shift to Neutral gear, release ur brake pedal, let the car settle on its own weight without brakes. Then raise the E brake, let it fully engageā€¦. And only then shift to Parking. Then switch off the car.

See if that solves the start up sound.
Hello. No it doesnā€™t jerk. Thereā€™s only shock. I always do those sequences before stopping the engine.
My sequence is switch to neutral from drive or reverse and pull the e-brake and let go of the brake paddle to let the car settle on itā€™s own weight then press the brake again and switch to park.
And this shock problems comes up almost more then a half times when I start up the engine

Last edited:

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Oxford White Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
Shock???

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Do you hear it louder inside or outside?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
Try starting it in neutral not in park, see if you still hear the sound.
Might be the shift lock? I remember hearing something similar in my dadā€™s expedition.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Try starting it in neutral not in park, see if you still hear the sound.
Might be the shift lock? I remember hearing something similar in my dadā€™s expedition.
Good idea, or try a remote start while sitting in it.

Fahad09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
I have this issue too, the car jerk forward and backward sometimes a little bit. I went to them and they said we have 2 or 3 cars have the same issue. They call me after 2 days and told me they called Ford engineer's and they said that normal and donā€™t do any thing or donā€™t try to fixing it, because of that the dealer told me they canā€™t do anything or try to open anything to know what is the issue.

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
I have this issue too, the car jerk forward and backward sometimes a little bit. I went to them and they said we have 2 or 3 cars have the same issue. They call me after 2 days and told me they called Ford engineer's and they said that normal and donā€™t do any thing or donā€™t try to fixing it, because of that the dealer told me they canā€™t do anything or try to open anything to know what is the issue.
Hi Fahad,
Are you by chance in KSA or UAE?
Jerks forward while starting?

Fahad09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
Hi Fahad,
Are you by chance in KSA or UAE?
Jerks forward while starting?
Right now in USA, but i will ship the car soon to KSA. Yes when I starting, the car jerks, but not all the time, also the knock noise sometimes is loud and the car move a little bit
Sponsored