• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Kid car seat figment?

FlyNavy86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Gold Camry
I know there’s plenty of articles for the 550, but has anyone put in car seats or booster seats yet in the back of the 650? More room, or about the same? Any gotchas? Thanks.
Sponsored

Southpaw78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Bought these boosters for my 8 & 5 year old. They fit the space well, will be using for the 1st time this afternoon and will report back. FYI, that is not the price, lol. They are $40.49.

S650 Mustang Kid car seat figment? Screenshot_20230917-092951

OP
OP
FlyNavy86

FlyNavy86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Gold Camry
Nice! I think we have that exact same booster. Any chance you take some pics of them installed in the back so I could see what their legroom is like?

Southpaw78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Just came back from taking the family to lunch and these boosters worked great. They do not latch to the anchors but fit in the seat really well. The only thing is if your kid is younger their legs will stick straight out a bit. I had to put my youngest behind my wife since she can move her seat up more but I still have shoe prints behind the seat. 🤦
S650 Mustang Kid car seat figment? PXL_20230917_203921716

OP
OP
FlyNavy86

FlyNavy86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Gold Camry
Thanks! Sounds like I’ll buy some seat covers for the back of the driver and passenger seats.

Mljh85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I put my rear facing in, wife had to sit far up. Putting my 1 yr old in it I basically had to push his face and body into the rear windshield to get him in haha

Then

My front facing 3 yr old seat is fine but his legs aren't long enough to go over the edge and drop down so his feet are pushed by the back of the seat and I'm 6'4'" so I had to eat my knees lol. I got this because it's 4 seats l and my 3 yr old is obsessed over any sports looking car and calls them all bumblebee lol. It's a PITA ans I lost 3 lbs sweating during it but the 3 yr old lights up for it lol.

I take them out immediately after bc I don't have covers yet and don't want them ruining it lol literally just threw the 3 yrd seat in tonight because he randomly wanted chili and wanted to take "bumblebee' to get it lol

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
All I know is Recaros make car seats and if you have a Recaro car... Recaro baby seat is mandatory
Sponsored