• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Seat belt position.

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
There is a fabric loop with a magnetic catch on the top side of the seat intended for people with the problem of the belt cutting their neck. I don't use it because at 5'14" it's not an issue for me.

OP
OP
Jivor

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
There is a fabric loop with a magnetic catch on the top side of the seat intended for people with the problem of the belt cutting their neck. I don't use it because at 5'14" it's not an issue for me.
I'll give that a try, thanks!

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I had those brackets in my S550 and installed some in my 2024.

For me the problem is that the seatbelt position touches my neck and it gives me nausea while driving. This bracket pushes it out just far enough.

FYI, you can get them cheaper at the wreck yard from 2-door chevy cobalts... Just need to make one hole bigger and drill a new one. 5 minute job.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I had those brackets in my S550 and installed some in my 2024.

For me the problem is that the seatbelt position touches my neck and it gives me nausea while driving. This bracket pushes it out just far enough.
Sounds like a decent time to bring up the selt belt lap clips.

while not intended to address the ‘reach’ issue (having to be a contortionist) but rather intended to address the position of the shoulder belt near the neck.

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

while not intended to address the ‘reach’ issue (having to be a contortionist) but rather intended to address the position of the shoulder belt near the neck.
If you mean the leather band with the magnetic snap, it doesn't help in my case. Keep the belt too close so it hugs my neck.
I had hoped the seats or belt position had been reworked but they seem identical to S550

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
If you mean the leather band with the magnetic snap, it doesn't help in my case. Keep the belt too close so it hugs my neck.
I had the seats or belt position had been reworked but they seem identical to S550
More or less along these lines. Tried to find an image without promoting a brand or product.

S650 Mustang Seat belt position. IMG_0433

missenow2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red Mustang GT premium convertible

Ha...I was stretching every which way yesterday trying to get the dang thing in the holder and then it locked and was choking me and the break wasn't even pressed. I guess I need to do more yoga. The first time my husband got in the car he couldn't find the seat belt.

OP
OP
Jivor

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
The strap helps keep the seatbelt within reach when getting in now, but it's still on my neck. Waiting for the head rest guide to come in; I also ordered the clips ($10) just in case.
Sponsored