• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Keeping Driver Mode

DRKKNITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse (Handling Package)
So I am sure this have been covered but wanted to doublecheck. I have created a Custom Mode I like but for some reason, every time I start the car it is back in normal mode. Do we need to change the mode every time we start the car? Seems pretty ridiculous.
Sponsored

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
It’s probably a liability thing due to Track mode turning traction control off by default. Ford doesn’t want to be held liable should you forget to return to a “regular” drive mode later on.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
It’s probably a liability thing due to Track mode turning traction control off by default. Ford doesn’t want to be held liable should you forget to return to a “regular” drive mode later on.
Or perhaps you let someone else drive the vehicle and they don't realize all traction mode or other safety features are off.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
It's the same in my 2018 except you don't have entire profiles, I need to select the drive mode and exhaust mode separately. IN the 2024 I just need to use the thumb button on the wheel to select my custom profile, it's easy and you will get accustomed to it in no time.

OP
OP
DRKKNITE

DRKKNITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One thread in another forum stated that it is possible Ford does not want any liability for the exhaust sound as Track is too loud for most cities laws. With the amount of tech in this vehicle, you'd think that they could just allow a custom mode that has up to Sport exhaust and ALWAYS defaults back to traction control on. Just my opinion. I'll get used to it. Just like coming in my driveway at an angle to clear the front end. Forgot that twice already. ARRGHHH!!!!!!!!!! I even bought some ramps off amazon I am not sure I can leave out. LOL

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
In some places it'll be liability other places it'll be legal. Particularly when driver assist / safety systems are involved.
Start/stop will be the same you will have to actively opt-out of it every time (or permanently)
It's like sport modes are usually normal modes (linear throttle map etc) but for homologation purposes the default must be as eco as they can get away with.

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
So I am sure this have been covered but wanted to doublecheck. I have created a Custom Mode I like but for some reason, every time I start the car it is back in normal mode. Do we need to change the mode every time we start the car? Seems pretty ridiculous.
I read on a former

Spainer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible California Special
Given noise and Neighbor’s there is no way to have the active exhaust start in quiet mode? Possibly start the battery and change modes before starting the engine?

Was hoping on early morning shifts when I parked it I could switch to quiet and it would stay there

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
Try putting your custom mody into your favourites. After starting in normal starting go to favourites and find your custom tune.

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
Given noise and Neighbor’s there is no way to have the active exhaust start in quiet mode? Possibly start the battery and change modes before starting the engine?

Was hoping on early morning shifts when I parked it I could switch to quiet and it would stay there
There is an option for quiet start within a certain time period, you can set it to almost all day

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
One thread in another forum stated that it is possible Ford does not want any liability for the exhaust sound as Track is too loud for most cities laws. With the amount of tech in this vehicle, you'd think that they could just allow a custom mode that has up to Sport exhaust and ALWAYS defaults back to traction control on. Just my opinion. I'll get used to it. Just like coming in my driveway at an angle to clear the front end. Forgot that twice already. ARRGHHH!!!!!!!!!! I even bought some ramps off amazon I am not sure I can leave out. LOL
Bottom line, everybody has their own preferences for 'default' but Ford can only have it set one way. So ...

Spainer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible California Special
There is an option for quiet start within a certain time period, you can set it to almost all day
that’s perfect. Thanks. Work at a golf course and start early. Great idea you can set a timer for quiet start. Thanks for the info

OP
OP
DRKKNITE

DRKKNITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I am not sure exactly where I found it but there is a setting to always start in quiet mode during certain hours. For instance 10:00 PM to 9:00 AM. I set it but my with my lifestyle I have not actually started it between those hours to test it.
Sponsored