• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT

98jfuentes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 15
Yeah I can imagine they would be soaking while stopped. I checked my stock intake temp while sitting in traffic during 45 degree weather. It was a 5-10 degree difference. If I swap the intake, it will probably be for the open box design. I think JLT makes a nice set.

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
1.5 hour install, with my 12 year old helping, fit good and looks way better than stock. CAI and x pipe car sounds great, next mods will be headers and coil overs I think. Still new with 1300 miles, I love this car though.

20240225_162721.jpg

So on the new cars there are TWO of the MAF sensors that'll get ruined by the oil from the K&N filters now. :) Seriously though, prospective buyers should look at that Project Farm video where he tested air filters. The amount of junk the K&N lets through is exponentially greater than a stock filter. No way I'm putting that junk on a brand new engine of mine.

It does look nice though.

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Nice find.
I had just communicated with them off their website help and they are still working on the design! I left with them my email to let me know when it is finalized!

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
So on the new cars there are TWO of the MAF sensors that'll get ruined by the oil from the K&N filters now. :) Seriously though, prospective buyers should look at that Project Farm video where he tested air filters. The amount of junk the K&N lets through is exponentially greater than a stock filter. No way I'm putting that junk on a brand new engine of mine.

It does look nice though.

You would have to seriously over oil the filter to ruin a MAF sensor. And unless you are driving through a sandstorm with the hood open your not going to get much through the K&N Filter. Meaning yes if you dump sand directly on a K&N it will filter less then a paper stock filter. This is not how stock intake are designed.
They are perfectly safe and filter enough for 99% of the people.

LoWeLL216

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Yeah I can imagine they would be soaking while stopped. I checked my stock intake temp while sitting in traffic during 45 degree weather. It was a 5-10 degree difference. If I swap the intake, it will probably be for the open box design. I think JLT makes a nice set.
So does the open design run hotter than the sealed boxes?

OP
OP

Tschroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Just fyi...Picked my kid up from school yesterday and it climbed to 140, due to idling and inching forward one car at a time for ~10 minutes. I never checked the factory temp with this case to compare the two. Temp quickly went down once I started driving.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I want to hear the pipes - NOT the air intake. Someone made a recording of revving the engine after one of these installs. Most of what I heard was the Waaaah of the air intake.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I want to hear the pipes - NOT the air intake. Someone made a recording of revving the engine after one of these installs. Most of what I heard was the Waaaah of the air intake.
That’s two doors down, in the exhaust thread

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I ran it between 90 and 120 mph for a few miles with outside temps in mid 50s, see pics, seemed good to me

20240226_115244.png

20240226_115256.png

If only they designed a closed lid system for $700.

Do like the fab'd look though.. I wonderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... if those pipes from the K&N could be made to work with the OEM boxes......

Last edited:
OP
OP

Tschroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Alright will do it tonight and send to you
The attached video is x pipe only

Reactions: DCS
OP
OP

Tschroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Alright will do it tonight and send to you
The attached video is x pipe only