• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Jack Stand Placement

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
So I have a floor jack with the hockey pucks to fit the pinch welds. So where do I place the jack stands after I jack up my car? My previous Mustangs had full length subframe connectors so it was easy. Thanks in advance 1
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
So where do I place the jack stands after I jack up my car?
if you have them always use them even if just to supplement the jack.

Logan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT
SteveO1960:
Finally somebody actually understands what we want. I just took delivery of my DH in December. Reading on the forum create so much stress about this I actually used ramps. I bought a low profile aluminum floor Jack and the forum had me still worried, and I currently own 2 others Mustangs that I never worry about this.
But with you wonderful photo and the way you diagramed it is perfect. Now this next fall it'll be on jack stands so I won't worry about flat spots on my tires. Believe me I've dealt with that in the past.
Again thanks so much for the clarity. So appreciative.

Logan

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
SteveO1960:
Finally somebody actually understands what we want. I just took delivery of my DH in December. Reading on the forum create so much stress about this I actually used ramps. I bought a low profile aluminum floor Jack and the forum had me still worried, and I currently own 2 others Mustangs that I never worry about this.
But with you wonderful photo and the way you diagramed it is perfect. Now this next fall it'll be on jack stands so I won't worry about flat spots on my tires. Believe me I've dealt with that in the past.

Logan
I've used jack stands for a while too, broke down and bought the QuickJack a few years ago. Not sure I'll use for the S650, so instead, bought the RaceRamps FlatStoppers and used them from Nov till now. Definitely work, no flat spots while stored in garage.

OP
OP

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
SteveO1960:

Logan
robvas posted the excellent diagram !

Logan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT
Steveo1960
Sorry about that. I'm still glad it's posted. Thanks for the reply.
Have a blessed day, and Happy Easter to you and your family.

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Fastback, 68 Falcon Sports Coupe
Jack it by the pumpkin or front subframe, and put the pucks/jacks on the pinch welds
Jacking Points.jpg

[/QUOTE
This is a picture of a 550, the center Jack point shown in the center of the K member is much less substantial on the 650.

OP
OP

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Steveo1960
Sorry about that. I'm still glad it's posted. Thanks for the reply.
Have a blessed day, and Happy Easter to you and your family.
Same to you and yours!

Logan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT
Mr.RLE55
Wow. Never heard of RaceRamp Flatstoppers until now. I googled to see them. I order 2 sets 1 for my DH and 1 for my show truck. Great idea thanks. Very much appreciated.

Thanks
Logan

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Last edited:

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Mr.RLE55
Wow. Never heard of RaceRamp Flatstoppers until now. I googled to see them. I order 2 sets 1 for my DH and 1 for my show truck. Great idea thanks. Very much appreciated.

Thanks
Logan
Are these too aggressive to use as garage parking aides?

edit: as in daily

Last edited:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Steeda Mustang
What can I assist with?

Best,

TJ

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Are these too aggressive to use as garage parking aides?
edit: as in daily
I suppose you could. I got one of those blinking Stop Sign thingeees, it works.
Mr.RLE55

Thanks
Logan
I've used RaceRamp products since 2008 and they have always done the trick, so I had no reservations about the FlatSpotters. Much easier than jacking up the car, etc........
Sponsored