• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is Ford Selling Our Driving Data to Insurance Companies?

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Ever cross the line or changed lanes without the turn signal being activated (aint nobody else on the road so who am i signaling)? The lane change is a ‘gig’ data recorded and reported.
No.
Zig said:
Its called plug in simulated drive time. Connect a dongle and feed it all the perfect driving data it can handle
Tell us how exactly you would do this or tell us it was just more talking out of your...

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope...I didn't ask for more links to news articles.

Do you even own a motor vehicle.
‘Most newer vehicles are manufactured with Electronic Throttle Control (ETC). This means your acceleration is no longer powered with the old school throttle cable that gave you a linear relationship between your foot and the throttle body, but now everything is powered by electronics and your car’s computer (ECU)’ ….

…’Vehicles are changing every year, mostly because of the rate at which technology is developing. The systems that were once mechanically controlled are now controlled by the vehicle’s computer. One such new system is the Electronic Throttle Control (ETC), known as drive-wire-wire, which is an automobile technology that electronically connects the accelerator pedal to the throttle, replacing a mechanical linkage.’ …

…’
The largest disadvantage of ETCs is that the throttle response time is significantly slower.
Manufacturers limit the response of the throttle in 2 ways. First, they limit how much of the throttle body will open. For example, you can press the gas pedal all the way, but the ECM will open only 80%. Second, the program decides how fast the throttle body will open. In other words, it doesn’t really matter how fast you are flooring the gas pedal. The ECM controls the speed of the signal so your foot can not make the throttle body faster.’…

…’Pedal Commander solves this problem. The Pedal Commander connects in-line with the "Engine Control Unit"system at the Pedal Position Sensors and is designed to take the information at the PPS and compile it in a high-speed control circuit. It also slightly advances that number and sends it directly to the ECU. By sending the information to the computer this way, a couple of checks that the engine computer will make can be bypassed before sending the signal to open the throttle plate.’

is that an inline system manipulation?

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Yes, I understand how a Pedal Commander works. Explain to us in you own words, not unrelated copy/paste and links, how exactly you think you know how to use a plug in and dongle to send fake driving data to your insurance company.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I just read up on this and from what I gather, the driving data stored in the machine is 20 seconds before and after an accident. So roughly a 40 second memory buffer of driving events.
Which, to me, means I can drive to the track, disconnect, do my track day and drive home, reconnect and no one will ever know I was at the race track. Is this correct?

OP
OP
Darkness24

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
I just read up on this and from what I gather, the driving data stored in the machine is 20 seconds before and after an accident. So roughly a 40 second memory buffer of driving events.
Which, to me, means I can drive to the track, disconnect, do my track day and drive home, reconnect and no one will ever know I was at the race track. Is this correct?
Disconnect What????

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Reactions: JAL

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
His Toyota diesel engine or his Powercomander...according to our resident expert...😂
I meant disconnect the modem in the connectivity settings menu. That's a real question.
From what I understand the driving information gathered (and transmitted when driving with the modem turned on) has a buffer of roughly 40 seconds? Or does the car have the memory space to accumulate and store all driving data from mile 0 until it can upload it, potentially have 100 000 miles of driving data stored in the car? I'm sure someone knows.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
So the GPS data takes you to the track, stops for 4 hours, then starts back when you leave? They'll never know what you were doing.

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
So the GPS data takes you to the track, stops for 4 hours, then starts back when you leave? They'll never know what you were doing.
Right, I should have said disconnect the modem before I leave for the track, and reconnect when the car is back in the barn.
I don't think driving data is accumulated for later transmittal once the modem is reconnected, except the black box data. But I don't know that for sure and would like to know. And I don't know if it the black box is storing all driving inputs or just a buffer of the most recent events.
Sponsored