• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Interior Discussion

Lethal5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black '17 GT
I have yet to see a thread on what people are hoping to see/expecting with the interior on the 7th generation Mustangs. The photos that we've seen on the mules have shown the interior is hidden quite a bit. I think the S550 was a welcomed improvement from the S197, but my 2017's interior is beginning to feel a bit dated in some aspects. I still love it though. I'm excited to see what Ford has planned, but I am getting rather tired of the giant out of place iPad style screens we've been getting in every car, even outside of Ford.
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I hope the actual design doesn't change much as, in my opinion, the S550 has the best interior of any Mustang to date.

Keep the "twin brow" design.....that's a must have. Ditch the 4" screen and make the 8" the base info screen. @Topnotch indicated it'd get a "Mach E" screen........I hope that just means a vertical screen, because the 15" one in the Mach E is just too big, especially for the smaller interior of S650. I think the new Ranger uses a vertical 12", that'd be better. If it is a vertical screen, make it integrated into the dash, not "floating" like the Mach E.

Apart from that, just up the quality of the materials.

:)

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
more tech plz.
I want some optional stuff like a HUD and a much improved steering wheel. Take a look at AMG, M or the Cupra Formentor. In Europe we'll have to pay around 60K for a S650 so make it feel like a 60K car.

DON'T MAKE IT TOUCH CONTROL ONLY!!!

I want a driver oriented layout. At this point I don't mind having a large screen infront of me as long as it supports me while driving (hence no touch control). Take a look at the C8. The materials are fine and the layout is driver oriented (one could argue that it's also one big screen). However, leg room is minimal and it looks 'odd' or unusual.

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT
Definitely agree with Paul’s comment re ‘twin brow’, that’s non-negotiable! And I hope for minimal touch controls; too hard to use when bouncing along bumpy roads.

Less cheap looking/feeling materials would be nice, and certainly less squeaks and rattles. Both my FM and FN models have been bad.

It has been stated in the local motoring press here that Ford Australia designed the S550 interior, so there is a chance the S650 interior is being/been designed up the road from me in the Campbellfield facility.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Definitely agree with Paul’s comment re ‘twin brow’, that’s non-negotiable! And I hope for minimal touch controls; too hard to use when bouncing along bumpy roads.

Less cheap looking/feeling materials would be nice, and certainly less squeaks and rattles. Both my FM and FN models have been bad.

It has been stated in the local motoring press here that Ford Australia designed the S550 interior, so there is a chance the S650 interior is being/been designed up the road from me in the Campbellfield facility.
Yeah, if they do put huge touch screens in the interior, I hope they make them more horizontal and less vertical. Maybe offer multiple screens, but incorporate their shape into the double brow dash.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
IMO Ford should just exit the 'tech' business. only physical buttons and the 4" screen is more than sufficient to convey ACTUALLY useful information, what little there is. Bring your own damn tech be it phone or tablet. Ford can design the center section to waste less space and also set aside a flat face with slot into which you can drop a personal tech device of say up to 6" width.

By moving the center vents from their traditional and utterly STUPID location down to the bottom where it blows upward midriff up, you don't have to worry about electronic devices of excessive height blocking the air-flow.

The HUD is only marginally useful IMO. I had it on the SS and basically never used it. I had to consciously THINK about looking at it to consult it. The eyes were far more inclined to glance at the instrument panel where 'state' can be ascertained with a millisecond glance. The HUD requires concentration to 'parse' which means it's actually worse for situational awareness. But if Ford thinks they need to check the box just to say they have a checkmark, then they should just license GM's.
Sponsored

Last edited: