• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Insurance and also for ones wondering on steps of building your car

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Not really sure what you mean by fairly heavy insurance, we’ve always carry the same insurance on every vehicle insurance that covers if we’re at fault and of course the insurance to pay if somebody else without ins that’s at fault
Way more than the minimum coverage required by the state.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Near Asheville.
I am about 1 1/2 to 2 hours from Asheville.
Not Sure, how long you’ve been there, But if you know where Hendersonville is, if you like apples, you can go to justus orchards. It is Chris Justus’ parents farm( he is channel 4 chief meteorologist). They have the best for the cider donuts they make fresh, and their ambrosia apples should be coming out this next week. We are right in between Clemson and Seneca

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I am about 1 1/2 to 2 hours from Asheville.
Not Sure, how long you’ve been there, But if you know where Hendersonville is, if you like apples, you can go to justus orchards. It is Chris Justus’ parents farm( he is channel 4 chief meteorologist). They have the best for the cider donuts they make fresh, and their ambrosia apples should be coming out this next week. We are right in between Clemson and Seneca
I have been here for almost 20 years. I am a LEO in AVL and have been for 18 years. Very familiar with Hendo. LOL
Cider and donuts sounds good right now.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
Guess all states are different. We have always just gotten what we have had to have.
It's not necessarily about different states. Someone who has state minimums may well be sued personally and be held liable for many years if they aren't suffiently covered. 25/50k, for example, won't even cover most new cars these days, never mind an expensive car, multiple cars, etc. State mins don't always require comprehensive coverage, meaning if you are at fault (where applicable) you won't be covered on your own vehicle.................

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Someone who has state minimums may well be sued personally and be held liable for many years if they aren't suffiently covered. 25/50k, for example, won't even cover most new cars these days, never mind an expensive car, multiple cars, etc.
^ This.

This is a good topic, good time for everyone to review their policies and what's covered.

The minimum in the states I've been resident of are laughable. $30K? You can blow that with one to two hours in an ER before being transferred to a bed. As noted above, vehicle repair and/or replacement costs often exceed the minimums in many states.

By and large most companies will pay out, but once the limit is reached, you're on your own. I've got $100K per person, $300K per accident and feel that's a minimum nowadays. If I was driving more on the highway (significant accidents, daily, here), I'd consider increasing it.

- People under the influence
- Mental health issues
- Distracted driving
- People driving without insurance
- People driving without a license
- Lawyers
- Healthcare system

But ya, great time to review, study and update as needed. Every company offers on-line access nowadays, most with plug-and-play type setups which will allow you to adjust variables and review pricing before committing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's not necessarily about different states. Someone who has state minimums may well be sued personally and be held liable for many years if they aren't suffiently covered. 25/50k, for example, won't even cover most new cars these days, never mind an expensive car, multiple cars, etc. State mins don't always require comprehensive coverage, meaning if you are at fault (where applicable) you won't be covered on your own vehicle.................
We have to have full coverage as long as we have a loan. We always keep full coverage on them though
your driving records are clean, credit excellent, and it has been years since we have had an accident or tickets. In fact, I don’t think I ever had a ticket but I have had some warnings. I had one fender bender when I was 19 that was like 47 years ago. I honestly was shocked at the price.

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been here for almost 20 years. I am a LEO in AVL and have been for 18 years. Very familiar with Hendo. LOL
Cider and donuts sounds good right now.
Awesome! Thank you! I have a nephew and his wife who are LEO’s in w palm beach co.
I feel for you all, especially these days. Stay safe!

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^ This.

This is a good topic, good time for everyone to review their policies and what's covered.

The minimum in the states I've been resident of are laughable. $30K? You can blow that with one to two hours in an ER before being transferred to a bed. As noted above, vehicle repair and/or replacement costs often exceed the minimums in many states.

By and large most companies will pay out, but once the limit is reached, you're on your own. I've got $100K per person, $300K per accident and feel that's a minimum nowadays. If I was driving more on the highway (significant accidents, daily, here), I'd consider increasing it.

- People under the influence
- Mental health issues
- Distracted driving
- People driving without insurance
- People driving without a license
- Lawyers
- Healthcare system

But ya, great time to review, study and update as needed. Every company offers on-line access nowadays, most with plug-and-play type setups which will allow you to adjust variables and review pricing before committing.
I couldn’t tell you what we have, but they always went through it with hubby. He gets the same coverage all the time

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium, Carbonized Gray
I’m in SC and we have used State Farm forever. Helps when you are a senior citizen. I drive fast, but haven’t had a ticket in years, have had a few warnings, and our credit scores are excellent, which also helps. We have always gotten a check back after we paid for new insurance, so I’m kind of excited about what it might come down to yet
The fit was only $330 every six months for the same coverage, but it was 8 years old and not worth nearly as much.

I have an excellent credit score and no tickets or claims in many years. I guess Michigan just sucks.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I'm amazed that you all are able to get insurance so cheap, especially with multiple vehicles.

I'm sure some of you live in upscale suburbs (fewer desperate people looking to steal cars/belongings) or in the country (minimal population density), but even those factors don't explain it entirely.

I suppose age (no offense to anyone) and a clean record does make a huge difference, especially with the type of car(s) we're buying.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The fit was only $330 every six months for the same coverage, but it was 8 years old and not worth nearly as much.

I have an excellent credit score and no tickets or claims in many years. I guess Michigan just sucks.
Democrat states usually do. I left IL years ago! Thank God! We absolutely love it down here
My property taxes on our house went from $500 a year to not quite $300 a year when hubby turned 65

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium, Carbonized Gray
Democrat states usually do. I left IL years ago! Thank God! We absolutely love it down here
My property taxes on our house went from $500 a year to not quite $300 a year when hubby turned 65
JEBUZZ, my property tax is over $3,000 a year.