• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

In Production!!

GoofyNoober

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
So weird. My original schedule of production date was 6/9/2023. A week ago it was changed to 6/8/2023. Now it’s 6/7/2023 but says it’s already in production.

When should I expect my build to be at the dealership?

Anybody else?

I’m in California.

My order ->
GT Premium
Performance package
6 speed
Magneride
401A -carmine red interior

S650 Mustang In Production!! 9CD0687E-91FB-433F-A491-3E062A56DF63

S650 Mustang In Production!! 709BC6FE-241F-4C5A-BF0D-67699DBF388C
Sponsored

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
Don’t want to burst your bubble but I’m pretty sure that it might be lying to you considering production has been halted indefinitely as they figure out quality issues. We have no idea when production will start and it most likely be the preconfigured dealer cars that are made first. Hope I am wrong though.

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
Definitely interesting. I put two orders in at two different dealers with the same spec. One got picked up for 5/15 the other for 6/7 (same as yours essentially)

the 5/15 order got delayed with an email notification accompanying it. The 6/7 order got updated today and placed “in production” with no delay email associating it. Certainly inconsistencies but may provide insight into when the plant is prospectively planning on coming back up.

S650 Mustang In Production!! IMG_1147

S650 Mustang In Production!! IMG_1146

PresentNotPast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I think it’s sending in production to everyone could be a error but maybe not

OP
OP

GoofyNoober

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
We can only hope this is true and not an error. I highly doubt ford will send cars to the lot with panel gaps after acknowledging them. That’d be hilarious.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
It's possible they knocked out the issues with the clean up this week. Not likely but, I don't see why they would move the status if it has not really moved?

Ng1nyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
So weird. My original schedule of production date was 6/9/2023. A week ago it was changed to 6/8/2023. Now it’s 6/7/2023 but says it’s already in production.

When should I expect my build to be at the dealership?

Anybody else?

I’m in California.

My order ->
GT Premium
Performance package
6 speed
Magneride
401A -carmine red interior

9CD0687E-91FB-433F-A491-3E062A56DF63.jpeg

709BC6FE-241F-4C5A-BF0D-67699DBF388C.png
the same exact thing just happened to mine. I was literally coming here to ask about it.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
If true, then it may be related to production possibly starting up on the 22nd per this post.

NVPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT PP
I’ve ordered in the past. I think this just means that your parts were allocated. If I recall right.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
The “Production” term is a bit of a precursor. It means the frame parts are coming together to build the chassis. The coupes all share the same chassis (except the convertibles, of course). They get painted and sit for a while.
Ask your dealer for a VVR, then keep an eye out for the “Blend Date.” That’s when the car starts down the assembly line to make your car. It takes a day or two to go down the assembly line to be produced.
A good salesman will cough up a VVR, especially important before you sign for the car. Once the car is sold, the VVR goes away. The VVR is a good history of your car’s schedule.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
I'll believe it when the first person posts their 2024 that they ordered driving from the dealership without any issues. And no more shutdowns. But they still gotta build them to make sure the issues are fixed for mass production. But I hope this is right. Lol maybe there is hope for my DH.

Last edited:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
When you have time, go back and check your order status, at the Ford web site.

https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

Once "In Production", you should be gifted access to an electronic form of the car's Window Sticker. I got mine the day after I entered production.

I'd block up to two weeks to complete the Production process. It depends. Some builds are on the line for a few days. Others, 10+ days. Depends on schedules, weekends, Holidays, etc.

Regarding shipment and arrival, see below...

Being a new model year with differing economic conditions, I'm not sure anyone has a feel for that.

While mine took less than two weeks to arrive, at the other extreme, others have taken 60+ days. Some Members have literally seen their builds sitting at the depot on the other side of the fence, the car waiting for that last convoy to the dealer.

People overseas receiving their cars, tack 30 days onto US transits, minimum. It's actually quite remarkable how quickly, and densely, they can pack and secure all the vehicles (cars, trucks, tractors, construction equipment) to get them on their way. And later unpack.

Once built, the car will go to Ford's staging area. If you look at Goggle Maps, there are a series of large lots in-between the rail yard and the plant at Flat Rock, MI.

Car could rest in staging for a few days or a few weeks. Ford and the shippers want things to be as efficient as possible, with the rail cars (or trucks) as full as possible.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/tracking-a-car-shipped-by-rail.171683/#post-3571437

The above thread can provide insight as to how to track. The dealer will also be able to check Ford's systems and identify what the last rail yard or waypoint was.

Skye left Flat Rock, stopped in Chicago for a transfer, stopped in Denver and was then trucked to the dealer. At each transfer, there was a delay of a day or two. YMMV. As you get further out from densely-populated areas, where it takes longer to consolidate loads, expect longer delays.

Once at the dealer, they'll need a few days (about two) to inspect the car and complete any final assembly (seats, spoilers, splitters, etc.)

An average of responses previously put the pick-up mileage at about 8 mi / 13 km. Ford does drive the cars through something of a test course (not a race track). They can sometimes drive them at the different yards. The dealer will drive, to check out and get gas.

A handful can experience shipping damage or mechanical problems along the way. While in-transit, any discussions occur between Ford and the shippers. Ford Performance cannot give insight. The dealer will have zero insight. If going to the depot, they will tell you to contact Ford. Fortunately, these occurrences are quite rare. If they do happen, once you receive the car, most likely neither you nor the dealer will ever know what caused the delay.
Sponsored

Last edited: